Does Susan go to the "New Narnia"?/Whatever happened to Susan?

Nelli-
I think that Alsan should let Susan go into the "real Narnia" when she dies, so she can see her family (Peter, Lucy, Edmund, Eustace and--Even though they aren't her realfamily--Polly and Digory and Jill.
Alsan should not be upset with her for no longer being a "freind of Narnia" for, as Polly said, she "wasted all her school time wanting to be the age sge is now, and she'll waste all the rest of her life trying to stay that age." (Polly Plummer, The Last Battle, ch. 12, pg 741 (The US Collection--all Seven books in one)
~Queen Susan of Narnia

I don't think it's a question of Aslan letting her go. He wants her to go. It's whether she chooses to go that's the question.

What about Susan?

I absolutely loved the entire series. I read it within two weeks. The ending was very different then I imagined. I felt horrible for Susan. Not only did she lose her sister and brothers, but also her parents. I hope that someone will add to this series to bring Susan home with her family. It would be wonderful to add another book showing Susan searching for Narnia. Maybe she could come to the realization that it is a real place and she will try to find her family. That would make a wonderful end to the series.

You won't have to look very far on this site to find several pieces of fan-fiction on this very subject, which is a popular one. Modesty forbids me to hold an opinion as to which is the best. :)

Susan's fate is also a popular subject for discussion - check this very forum.

I have no such compunctions - our own Malacandra wrote a wonderful piece called Plumbing the Depths, which Chakal posted on his story website here. You may want to search the forum - there are several threads on the topic.

Isabel Moseley said:
yeah I wish there really was another book about what hapend to susan but,,,Is CS Lewis umm dead?

If he weren't, he would be well over 100 by now, and I doubt he'd be writing very much. :)

We can write our own ending in our head - which may well be what he intended.

Two quick questions that may shed light on this whole thread:

1) TOO OLD. Not exactly. Peter was the oldest and he was High King Peter The Magnificent and the first to be knighted. I'm sure he probably had as keen an appreciation for feminine beauty as Susan had for masculine beauty. Thing is, Peter integrated those feelings into his life without letting them become the center.

2) ONCE A KING OR QUEEN OF NARNIA. Sorry, folks, but saying someone is ALWAYS a King or Queen of Narnia does not mean they are always a FRIEND of Narnia. Of course Susan was always a queen of Narnia. But she was not always a FRIEND. Friend, as in someone that could be relied upon to do their best to help. Friend as in loyal. Susan turned her back on that part of her life, and without commenting on whether that was righteous or sinful, it was simply SO. And yes, I believe she did come to her senses. She had her issues, she also, however, had a lifetime of experiences. The normal wisdoms of putting the momentary distractions of life into a broader perspective alone would have quite an impact on her.

Hope that helps.

Well... C.S. Lewis did say that she would go back to Narnia one day. One day, (he said) Susan would find her way into Aslan's country, the real Narnia forever. Though I forgot where I read that... :confused: And Aslan did say on their coronation "Once a King or Queen in Narnia, always a King or Queen..." Whoever became a King or Queen in Narnia, will always be a King or Queen.

The Tisroc said:
"Digory Kirke, Polly Plummer, Peter Pevensie, Edmund Pevensie, Lucy Pevensie, Eustace Scrubb, and Jill Pole were all killed in a serious railway accident in 1949"

The way I always interpreted it, Eustace and Jill did not die in the accident. They were sent to Narnia as the crash happened and died there. So, I'm assuming that they were written off as missing, presumed dead.

Soli_Deo_Gloria said:
This is not the first time Susan has been drawn off by worldly distractions. Remember in The Horse and His Boy she almost marries Rabadash..... She falls for the Calormen prince only to return to her senses when she sees the truth of what he was.

I forgive Susan for falling for Rabadash. After all, he was courteous and kind in Narnia. She had no idea there was anything amiss till she visited him in Calormen. There are are couple of Narnian maxims (odd, since most of the book mocks Calormen maxims) about living with someone and knowing them voiced at this time (by two of her advisors, a dwarf and Sallowpad the raven, I think).

Anyway, about Susan.

My first thought was that she was simply removed from the list to make the number of friends match the number of books (7).

I don't think she's forbidden to go to the "real" Narnia or anything. It's just the stupidity of youth, which anyone can be forgiven for. But the only way to get to Aslan's country (apparently) is to die (Reepicheep seems to be the exception to this rule). So, no amount of ring swapping and pool hopping will get her there.

To be honest, I hadn't really given much thought to what happened to Susan. Other than disappointment that she turned out so bad. The irony of it is, in Narnia, she grew up to be a graceful queen. In our world, she became a spoiled brat. She should have stayed in Narnia.

Susan-*may contain spoilers*...

I was wondering what happened to Susan? Was she on the train in the crash and died. If she was did she go to Tash? Or Aslan? And if she was not on the train, did she turn back to Aslan. What do ya'll think happened?

Yeah, Susan wasrnt on the trin. We dont know what hapened to Susan. I think Lewis was trying to make the point that people can tern away from the ture, even if they have experenced oit for themselfs.

Back