Does Susan go to the "New Narnia"?/Whatever happened to Susan?

Hei, so the Pevensie is died? So, the new Narnia is similiar like a Heaven? So, the lives man can enter there? I am so confused. And, it means that Susan is still alive? She lost her all of her family. That is just because her foolest thing. Make herself busy woth all of the cosmetic and other beauty things.

I wonder, why almost the great author, make his/her main character died in the end? For example, Agatha Christie "Poirot", JRR. Tolkien "Frodo" (Lewis old friend!?!?), and maybe Conan Doyle "Sherlock Holmes" too. Why?

Last edited:
Dh4nn_Cyr4nze said:
Hei, so the Pevensie is died? So, the new Narnia is similiar like a Heaven? So, the lives man can enter there? I am so confused. And, it means that Susan is still alive? She lost her all of her family. That is just because her foolest thing. Make herself busy woth all of the cosmetic and other beauty things.

I wonder, why almost the great author, make his/her main character died in the end? For example, Agatha Christie "Poirot", JRR. Tolkien "Frodo" (Lewis old friend!?!?), and maybe Conan Doyle "Sherlock Holmes" too. Why?

I think Susan was used an an example that CS Lewis may have intended to ( or not, just my opinion) of a person who did not embrace Christ ( Aslan) and therefore would not be allowed back into the New Narnia ( heaven). She didn't 'die' on the train as the others did, although they were saved and reborn again in heaven because of their faith in Aslan/God. But you might say she 'died' spiritually when she refused to believe in Narnia.

Hi relativly new here. I was readuing up on Susan because I too am writing a fic (a one shpot really) about Susan. In one of the sites I came across it says that Lewis wrote in a letter to a young fan that Susan's story was not done. Also I don't have a copy to reference but I believe that one of the kids asks about their parents and are told that there are other ways into the New Narnia.

bando2 said:
Hi relativly new here. I was readuing up on Susan because I too am writing a fic (a one shpot really) about Susan. In one of the sites I came across it says that Lewis wrote in a letter to a young fan that Susan's story was not done. Also I don't have a copy to reference but I believe that one of the kids asks about their parents and are told that there are other ways into the New Narnia.

Best to read TLB before you try to write a fanfic about it, really. But as to your last sentence, it's not giving too much away to say that not only are the children told this, but they are given direct evidence. As you'll see when you read it. :)

Malacandra said:
Best to read TLB before you try to write a fanfic about it, really. But as to your last sentence, it's not giving too much away to say that not only are the children told this, but they are given direct evidence. As you'll see when you read it. :)
I've read it, it's just been a while and I have to wait until tomorrow to get to the librabry to get a copy and refresh my memory.

Polly said in LB that Susan was 'no longer a friend to Narnia' because she didn't belive in the 'childish games' she 'played' as a child.
So she no longer Believed in Narnia.

Susan wasn't on the train. either way i feel bad for her. her entire family died and she's stuck alive with her make-up v___v its sad that he made her all like "that was all just play and games"

The Teacup said:
Susan wasn't on the train. either way i feel bad for her. her entire family died and she's stuck alive with her make-up v___v its sad that he made her all like "that was all just play and games"

unfortunately, though, this is often what happens w/ people who think they're christians. they "grow up in church but never grow up in Jesus" (i heard this at a camp). people, for example, will think they believe in Christ when they're growing up and surrounded by their Christian parents and friends, then when they go off to college or something, they decide that everything they learned seems more like make believe than real life. this is just like what happened to susan. however, there is a verse in the Bible that talks about training a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. so i suppose that there is still hope for susan and those like her who reject their childlike faith...they may always return...

The way I always interpreted it, Eustace and Jill did not die in the accident. They were sent to Narnia as the crash happened and died there. So, I'm assuming that they were written off as missing, presumed dead.

"You are all - as they call it...- dead." They were killed on the train, But still could live in Narnia as the Earth time holds there.

I don't think she's forbidden to go to the "real" Narnia or anything. It's just the stupidity of youth, which anyone can be forgiven for. But the only way to get to Aslan's country (apparently) is to die (Reepicheep seems to be the exception to this rule). So, no amount of ring swapping and pool hopping will get her there.

Exactly. We don't know how she will be judged... as she isntg't dead yet.

Susan wasn't on the train. either way i feel bad for her. her entire family died and she's stuck alive with her make-up

well, when people become old they are fascinated by death. And this is what happened to Lewis. I earlier thread there is his Quote
To solve a narrative problem by killing one of your characters is something many authors have done at one time or another. To slaughter the lot of them, and then claim they're better off, is not honest storytelling: it's propaganda in the service of a life-hating ideology. But that's par for the course. Death is better than life; boys are better than girls; light-coloured people are better than dark-coloured people; and so on.

But basically all author kill chracters at the end of story, as anything that begins must also end somehow, and be it "Lived happily till their deaths"...

Well,to me Susan represents a lot of us.Which means that were always trying to be safe and trying to act more grown-up then we really are.

Who knows,maybe Susan did turn back to Narnia maybe she didn`t. But we probably will never know until we go to heaven and ask C.S Lewis himself.

office said:
Well,to me Susan represents a lot of us.Which means that were always trying to be safe and trying to act more grown-up then we really are.

Who knows,maybe Susan did turn back to Narnia maybe she didn`t. But we probably will never know until we go to heaven and ask C.S Lewis himself.

So we shall wait until we die ourselves to find out. :) Maybe we'll get into the Real Narnia when we die.
(But personally I'd rather go to Hogwarts...)

Thanks everyone. I just finished the whole series after starting it 6 years ago. I was confused about Susan's fate. The Last Battle is most definatly my favorite, followed of course by LWW. I love how all the characters from all the other books come together in the end, and how Mr. and Mrs. Pevensie get to come too.

I think its a diff

susan left the glory in a sencse she started good and then thought it was more of a dream than anything else lewis must have been trying to get the point across that no matter what you have done its what you do and keep doing and where your heart is

Narnia works a little different from real life. In Narnia, if you stray from Aslan's path, your sort of lost forever unless YOU are willing to come back. But in real life, if you stray from God's path for a while and die during your rebllious period, you will still be considered a christian and you will make it to heaven anyway. That's what I believe, anyway.
I don't like what happened to Susan. I wish C.S Lewis was still alive so I could ask him why he made Susan turn away. I knew it represented a rebellious christian, straying from God's path, but it's a rather sad thing to let one of the main characters go! :confused:

Narnia works a little different from real life. In Narnia, if you stray from Aslan's path, your sort of lost forever unless YOU are willing to come back. But in real life, if you stray from God's path for a while and die during your rebllious period, you will still be considered a christian and you will make it to heaven anyway. That's what I believe, anyway.
I don't like what happened to Susan. Know she's miserable in our world while her beloved brothers and sisters are celebrating in Aslan's kindom. I wish C.S Lewis was still alive so I could ask him why he made Susan turn away. I knew it represented a rebellious christian, straying from God's path, but it's a rather sad thing to let one of the main characters go! :confused:

Back