Introduction Thread II

Liu Ye Dao, are you Chinese? We've had participants from China, and also from Japan, Indonesia, and other Asian countries.

I wish I could say that we are bursting with activity right now-- but there haven't been an Narnian MOVIES released for some time. Still, you may find interesting reading even among old posts.

It's been so long so I'm reintroducing myself lol I've been here for twelve years already and missing the old people, kinda sad their last activities were 2012-2014ish

Hi, I am returning member because I used be a member on here a few years back. I missed this forum since I am huge Narnia so I decided to rejoin under another username.

Hi! i'm jaravis, i made this account back when i was like 13 or something and i just recently turned 28 and i haven't posted here since i was like 15 or something.... so i'm gonna go look at all my old posts and try to remember things.

Hello, everyone! This is not so much an introduction post as it is a reintroduction post.

I did post on here quite regularly a couple of years ago, but then the craziness of starting a new career and graduating college took me away from this lovely place, but now I hope to rejoin all the wonderful people I met on this forum in friendly, positive conversation.

Since I posted here, I have settled into a full time job in a library rather than in the classroom as I had anticipated and have earned a Master's degree in Library Science, which just goes to show that I can never predict where life will take me next.

In these times of pandemic especially, I have been returning to the Narnia books for comfort and have also found solace in some other of C.S. Lewis's writing, most recently The Problem of Pain.

I look forward to reconnecting with everyone on Narnia and other topics.

I hope nobody minds me using this thread to reintroduce myself. It just seemed like the best place to jump back into discussion here and to update everybody on what I've been up to:)

Last edited:
I'm glad to see another old-timer showing up. I'm not sure if you were one of the readers of my forum novels "Southward the Tigers," "The Tale of Sophia Renee," "The First Love of Alipang Havens," and "Flying Girl and Iron Merchant." But all of them still exist in the archives.

And I have a NEW story in progress on Writing Club: a satire of a satire.

Almost forgot to add: "Problem of Pain" is an enormously valuable book. It could be studied as a companion to the Book of Job.

I'm glad to see another old-timer showing up. I'm not sure if you were one of the readers of my forum novels "Southward the Tigers," "The Tale of Sophia Renee," "The First Love of Alipang Havens," and "Flying Girl and Iron Merchant." But all of them still exist in the archives.

And I have a NEW story in progress on Writing Club: a satire of a satire.

Almost forgot to add: "Problem of Pain" is an enormously valuable book. It could be studied as a companion to the Book of Job.

Thanks for the welcome back, Copperfox. I'll have to catch up on your stires in the archives.

And the idea of a satire of a satire sounds wonderful and creative!

I agree that the "Problem of Pain" is a very valuable book, and I like your idea of studying it as a companion piece to the Book of Job.

Welcome back Sunshine Rose!

So nice to see you again, Sunshine Rose! Congratulations on you MLS!!
Are you currently serving as a children's librarian, an assistant, or a general library manager, or other?

Since we last connected, I have become active in my local Friends of the Library. Right now our library is closed because of the pandemic, but last month curbside pick-up has been begun, so our board is starting to plan what we can do to celebrate the day when our branch opens up for in person browsing again!

My family has been reading small chunks of the Chronicles together after dinner, and are now in book 3 (chronological reckoning)...
blessings, Bénisse

Hello, everyone! This is not so much an introduction post as it is a reintroduction post.

I did post on here quite regularly a couple of years ago, but then the craziness of starting a new career and graduating college took me away from this lovely place, but now I hope to rejoin all the wonderful people I met on this forum in friendly, positive conversation.

Since I posted here, I have settled into a full time job in a library rather than in the classroom as I had anticipated and have earned a Master's degree in Library Science, which just goes to show that I can never predict where life will take me next.

In these times of pandemic especially, I have been returning to the Narnia books for comfort and have also found solace in some other of C.S. Lewis's writing, most recently The Problem of Pain.

I look forward to reconnecting with everyone on Narnia and other topics.

I hope nobody minds me using this thread to reintroduce myself. It just seemed like the best place to jump back into discussion here and to update everybody on what I've been up to:)

Welcome to the forum! We're kind of in the midst of a Grand Re-Opening. Our old forum software simply stopped working, and we've moved everything over to the new place within the past couple of weeks. People are slowly starting to show up again, but we'll see a spike in returning members once Netflix makes another announcement regarding their Narnia projects. I hope that you like it here!

Back