Introduction Thread II

Hello, Bianca. I had noticed your username lately, and I was trying to remember if I saw that username in the old days. It's good to see a NEW member.

I myself am a retired U.S. Navy veteran and a grandfather, almost seventy years old.

How much have you looked through the Writing Club? If you have miscellaneous creative writing you'd like to share, the "Marketplace of Technique" thread is one place you can post it.

Hi, everyone. I'm NarniaDawn. I chose Narnia as part of my name because it is my favorite fantasy place, and Dawn as part of my name because it is my favorite time of day.

I am excited to meet other Narnia fans and look forward to being able to get to know everyone here over time!

Hello NarniaFans. I am not a new member, but I think the last time I was here was at least 4 years ago, and here regularly, much longer ago than that, even. I got busy! Life got weird. Which it still is.

But I am a life-long Narnia fan, loved the books forever, love all CS Lewis fiction really, and loved the Narnia movies we got as well, particularly the first one, LWW, was ... a very emotional experience to see the book I loved so much brought to life so beautifully.

It's my hope to re-engage with the Dancing Lawn more regularly now. Maybe some old friends are still here, but also I look forward to meeting new friends. I'm an old now -- I was an old when I was here more often, and this age thing has just continued to happen!

So I know many here are much younger and hope I don't bring you down! Hugs and love to all, and I will try to check in often.

XO
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.14.09 PM.png

I never quite left the Lawn, but for a while nothing was going on. Once it was clear that Specter was reviving it for real, I resumed my efforts to get people interested in a forum which was older than FALSE-book. Speaking of "older," it's only about one more week now before I complete threescore and ten years.

My main TDL recruiting success is Wood Nymph. She is a young woman whose family I have known for five or six years. It is because she loves the movie "Spaceballs" that I began writing my new serial, "Spacebullies Two, the Search for More Parody." (It promises to rival "Alipang Havens" for length.)

Hello NarniaFans. I am not a new member, but I think the last time I was here was at least 4 years ago, and here regularly, much longer ago than that, even. I got busy! Life got weird. Which it still is.

But I am a life-long Narnia fan, loved the books forever, love all CS Lewis fiction really, and loved the Narnia movies we got as well, particularly the first one, LWW, was ... a very emotional experience to see the book I loved so much brought to life so beautifully.

It's my hope to re-engage with the Dancing Lawn more regularly now. Maybe some old friends are still here, but also I look forward to meeting new friends. I'm an old now -- I was an old when I was here more often, and this age thing has just continued to happen!

So I know many here are much younger and hope I don't bring you down! Hugs and love to all, and I will try to check in often.

XO
View attachment 12688
Good to see you still around Inkspot.

I was wondering if I could get a hand or at least pointed in the right direction. Copper Fox said that this forum would be a great place to practice my writing. Where and how would I go about doing that?

Quoth the raven: Here's where the technique topic begins!

Greetings, fellow Narnian fans! I was approved to be a part of this community about two weeks ago, & am happy to be here.

I post my first comment the other day, then I realized that I was supposed to come to this forum & to introduce myself first. Oops, my bad 🥴

Back