Irish

How much Irish are you??

• Full Irish

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Part Irish (Any Percentage)

Votes: 102 95.3%

• Total voters
after reading my post...I meant to type "i" instead of "u" so sorry for the confusion...as you can see I edited it haha :D :D .... ok 3 pages good sign..lets times that by ten, I want everyone who is irish to post like immediately haha.

I love potatoes! There is a distinct possibillity that I´m about 1-5% Irish because during the settlement the vikings brought some Irish slaves with them. I actually really hope I´m a bit Irirsh cause Celtic culture is simply so cool!!

I'm part-Irish, through two of my great-grandmothers. One on Mama's side was a McCoy (someone on Ancestry.Com said it was originally McCaughey, but I don't believe it), and one on Daddy's side was a Kiernan (we think the Kiernans came over to the States during the Potato Famine).

Celtic/Irish music is also my favorite type of music next to Contemporary Gospel, and I love Riverdance, though I can't do it myself. XD

very cool.....why don't you believe the name changed? It's very possible that it in fact did happen...with all the immigrants coming through Ellis Island...names were changed because the staff weren't able to pronounce them..so ya never know.

very cool.....why don't you believe the name changed? It's very possible that it in fact did happen...with all the immigrants coming through Ellis Island...names were changed because the staff weren't able to pronounce them..so ya never know.

Thanks! <3 Anyway, the McCoys didn't come through Ellis Island; they were in South Carolina at the turn of the 18th century, so that would make them much older. Also, I can't imagine why one would go from a name like "Caughey" to "Coy." I would think that with a name like "Caughey" (pronounced the same as "Coffee"), they would've changed it to that or something similar. "McCoy," if it did change, would more likely have come from a name like "McKay," or some other variant, all of which McCaughey isn't.

Last edited:
Back