Irish

How much Irish are you??

• Full Irish

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Part Irish (Any Percentage)

Votes: 102 95.3%

• Total voters
I think it's hilarious that people are posting and saying "I love potatoes!" :p

I come from two Irish families [like I said I'm pure Irish except for a German in the family].

On my mother's side they are the McLaughlins, and on my father's side it's the McGraths.
Or maybe it's the other way round. :p

*so proud to be Irish* :D

EDIT: w00t!!!!!!! First one to post on the fifth thread!! :D

Last edited:
three cheers for the second post on the 5th thread haha...yeah I know, ok we've established that people like potatoes...but what about the music? We got some great stuff here, like Altan or The Chieftains, or if you don't like traditional too much, go for some U2 or Dropkick Murphys....I personally like both...and bagpipes too :D

I part Irish, but not as much as I want to be. My ancestor came over from Ireland back in the time of the Revolutionary War.

I took Irish dance classes, but sorry, I hated them. I was forced by my parents to do them because it was exercise. If your heart isn't in it, Irish dancing is miserable. But it's great to watch! I love Riverdance, but after watching it for a while, my legs start to ache from the memory of those classes. You can't help it when you recognize some of the moves that you learned.

My roomate loves Celtic Woman! And bagpipes...I can't express how much I love them other than that they are totally awesome!

Last edited:
I recently got a sterling silver celtic cross..but yeah bagpipes are amazing...I love listening to Police Pipe and Drum corps...at my brothers college, they also had a pipe and drums segment which was cool..i prolly could never do riverdance..it is pretty cool though....who has seen the broadway production "riverdance"? anyone? I haven't I want to tho

My Bible cover has a Celtic cross on it. My mum specially ordered it for me because I wanted it so badly!! :p

I saw the Broadway show "Riverdance", but it was on videotape. It's one of my mother's favorites, though. Mine too.

I'm part Irish!:D
I do love potatoes..:p
I love the music,and dance:Celtic Woman,Riverdance,Lord of the Dance's soundtrack,Altan,and most any other Irish singer I can find.
I love Ireland's history.
I love Ireland's legends.:)
Erin Go Braugh!:D

Whoohoo!! Another Irish person! :D

I just had a brilliant thought!!
................................. Let's rename this the "Potato People Thread". JK, Driad, DON'T LISTEN TO ME!! :p

lol
if anything i will rename it to Celtic Heritage or something similar lol....I love irish history, its amazing..so many interesting facts its so cool...and mythology, thats some good stuff right there..

Caoineadh Cu' Chulainn anyone? :D

I love Celtic Woman! I have their first CD and I listen to them online everyday (thank you youtube :D )
I absolutely love potatoes
Anything Irish and Celtic fasciantes me
I adore Irish folk music :p
I have a bit of an Irish temper
So *crosses fingers* Hopefully I´m part Irish a looong way back :D

traditional music is great, I like it a lot, same as a lot of you people...
but what about irish rock? U2 is okay, borderline decent. But I really like Dropkick Murphys haha, they are just a funny band to listen to.

Ok I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to all Irish, but usually we lack emotion. I have an Italian grandmother, she shakes her head at me and says "you're too irish" when I'm not excited for anything.

*raise your hand if your one of those people and have an irish temper!!*
:D:cool::D

I had the funniest dream last night ..... I was wearing my 'Ireland' sweatshirt and someone came up and asked me if I was Irish. I said yea, I come from two Irish families. They just walked away laughing. HOW WIERD IS THAT?! :p

Oh and btw hooray for the 6th page! :D

Back