Irish

How much Irish are you??

• Full Irish

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Part Irish (Any Percentage)

Votes: 102 95.3%

• Total voters
Its pretty ncie tho...try googling Irish Blessing Video or something of that sort. it might work

Does anyone know their name crest? Mines a shield. With a blue bar running horizontally across it. With 2 red lions above the bar and 1 red lion below. There is a helmat resting atop the shield. Its pretty neat.
motto: "With Sword and Valor"

sm_gannon.gif

Yeah i really want to see the "Wind that Shakes the Barley"...but I have seen "The Quiet Man" , thats a really good movie. I like how the fight makes them respect eachother haha.

The fight is a good scene :D.

I had no idea I had a name crest. 'Twas quite a suprise when I found out I did! :p

I watched an ice-skating show on television on Sunday. It was raising awareness or a fund raiser or something of the sort, and guess who was hosting and singing the songs for the skaters to skate to?

Celtic Woman! :D

I think most families of European background have family crests. My Irish crests would be McCoy (on Mama's side) and Kiernan (on Daddy's side), though I don't remember what they look like. :p We use to think Mama's family, the Pierces, were Irish (Grandpa even ordered an Irish crest), but due to some research I've done, we discovered the name was originally spelled "Pearce," thus making them English. My grandma, whose a Carroll, may or may not be of Irish descent; she could also be English or German. I bought a surname history for her family and just got the Irish version.

I'd be bummed to find out after all this time thinking that'd I was english and not irish. But I would still keep the crest :D

^^ Celtic Woman is good, I like their music alot.

I'm a bit of English. My ancestor came over from England to America on the Mayflower! :eek:
I said to my mother "How many people can say that?!" :D

Thats pretty cool. I looked up my great-grandfather, on my grandpas side..he came through Ellis Island round 1901...but there are more than several John Gannon's haha. But I think I pinpointed the right one.

Same here, actually. =[ I'd really LOVE to go to Ireland...
Me too!! One of my cousins got married there this summer (she's from my dad's side, who all live in Belfast), but I couldn't go, because it was the first week of school, so only my parents went. But I found out last night my other cousin (her sister) is also getting married (next year), so hopefully I'll get to go then!! :D

It's okay Charn_Tim, you're welcome here even if you've only shaken hands with an Irish person! :p JK.

I did the poll, Driad. Just informing you. ;)

Back