Irish

How much Irish are you??

• Full Irish

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Part Irish (Any Percentage)

Votes: 102 95.3%

• Total voters
We are quite prideful. :p

But I believe the Irish are not melancholy. We're generally light-hearted. And we are very quick wits. :D

I mean, take limericks for example. They were named after Limerick, which is [obviously] in Ireland.

Here's a limerick:
There was a young girl from Cork
Who needed two baskets of pork.
She went to town
Bought pork by the pound
Then took it all home on a stork.

Could a melancholy people create that?! :D

Indeed, very light-hearted--even as I said also. Again though, poetic in nature--and that comes with both sides of the spectrum, not just the happy-go-lucky portion. And the pride is something that is hardly ever showed-up indeed.
Also, Driad54, I would have to say that I agree with you about the Italians. Of course, there is a degree of that in everyone--being human and all. : )

DR

Nice (to the limerick), I respect your thoughts on the matter, both of you. Anyone hear of Jim Braddock, or have seen the movie "Cinderella Man"? Favorite American/Irishman.

Cinderella Man starred Russell Crowe, right?

I know who's in it ..... but I've never seen it. :rolleyes:

Hey Driad, you should put 'absolute bumper' in your sig. lol :p

Ah, the incessant vigor of promoting the Irish pride.

But seriously, it's great to be Irish. It would be awesome to go to Ireland though. It's so beautiful there.

DR

I think I will put "bumper" in my sig, as it seems thats all I ever do. Cool, emerald? Thats fun, mine is like uh I think Teal. It would be so amazing to go there. I might want to buy a home there, back in my family's county, that is if I make a decent amount of money :D Nothing too big, nor too small. Just a normal home in the middle of the country side. Would be a nice place to retire. See even at 16 I'm ready to retire. :D

I think I will put "bumper" in my sig, as it seems thats all I ever do. Cool, emerald? Thats fun, mine is like uh I think Teal. It would be so amazing to go there. I might want to buy a home there, back in my family's county, that is if I make a decent amount of money :D Nothing too big, nor too small. Just a normal home in the middle of the country side. Would be a nice place to retire. See even at 16 I'm ready to retire. :D

lol :D

I want to move to Ireland too ..... maybe we should be roomies until each of us buys a house! :p

Sounds good to me Faunfan.

Yeah, isn't Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan in Epis. 1, 2, 3? He plays a great character actor. True, I want to see Scotland just as much because of the movie "Braveheart". I love that movie, and those bagpipes!

No doubt. I want to learn to play the bagpipes really badly; but they are so expensive, I'm going to have to wait till I can I afford them. I know Police have bagpipe corps, but what about the fire department. Because eventually I want to be a fire fighter, and if they have a pipes and drum corps, I'd be a very happy person.

I was at a parade in December and they had the Boston Police bagpipe ... um ... band. :p But yea, it was really cool. They wore kilts and everything!! :D
They played a really upbeat Irish tune that made you want to jig. Actually, a guy a few feet down from us really did jig. Badly. :p

Whatever it was, it was good. It was definitely a great touch since the music just sounded so Irish, and Boston is such an Irish city. Felt like it belonged there, you know?

Back