Less than 1.00 days!

Are you going to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader the movie?

• Definitely -- midnight screening opening day!

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Yes, looking forward to it

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Yes but without a lot of expectations

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • (not sure)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

inkspot

Beloved Disciple
Royal Guard
Emeritus
The ticker on the home page says 99 days to release date!

I can hardly wait!!!

Is anyone going to a midnight showing? Are they having midnight showings? I wonder if I will go on the day it's released or have to wait until my husband can go on the weekend. What day of the week is December 10, anyway?

Very excited! :D

The ticker on the home page says 99 days to release date!

I can hardly wait!!!

Is anyone going to a midnight showing? Are they having midnight showings? I wonder if I will go on the day it's released or have to wait until my husband can go on the weekend. What day of the week is December 10, anyway?

Very excited! :D

The 10th is on a Friday. It's one day after the release of LWW. :D Very excited; I don't plan on going to a midnight showing (I'll only go if somebody young will go with me), but I do plan on going on opening day as a birthday present (my birthday is Dec. 18th). So excited! :D

:eek: REALLY!?!?!?!?!? if my theatre has a midnight showing, then i'd be there, but if it doesn't......i'm still going to do my best to see the first showing. *cackles*

AK I forgot our birthdays are so close! Mine is the 19th - so this will be my birthday treat, too. I prolly won't get to the midnight show cuz I will have to work on Friday, but hopefully a matinee on Friday.

Can't wait! Come on, PoTW, let's get excited! Let's go into the cinema happy and positive and leave it to the film to disappoint us if it will. At least this time Caspian is supposed to be several years older than the kids! :) And he doesn't have the funny accent.

I wish you could be here Inkspot, I'd love to be at a midnight showing with ya. But, I'm with Roger. I was excited, but that has turned to much more trepidation as well. I know too many spoilers from a reliable source that I can't give away. I'm more wary now than I ever was. It won't be up to my standards by far considering what I already know, but I want to see the full extent of how good or horrible the adaptation is for myself. I am too much of a book purist and Lewis lover to tolerate too many changes. I know it's just a movie, but still, it's the representation of one of my favorite books that the public will see. It better be done well. I am not sure how much faith I have in that at this point, but there it is. Roger is a kindred spirit.

Eek! I'm so excited! This film better not disappoint! (unlike The Last Airbender. *gulp* ) I'd really like to go to a midnight showing, but I'm not going to make my dad travel an hour just so I can see a midnight showing, I already made him do that to me for TLA, which was terrible enough. >_> And it's a school night that night and so I won't be able to see it but oh well, I'll just seem it later on that weekend.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER!!!!!! :D

AK I forgot our birthdays are so close! Mine is the 19th - so this will be my birthday treat, too. I prolly won't get to the midnight show cuz I will have to work on Friday, but hopefully a matinee on Friday.

Can't wait! Come on, PoTW, let's get excited! Let's go into the cinema happy and positive and leave it to the film to disappoint us if it will. At least this time Caspian is supposed to be several years older than the kids! :) And he doesn't have the funny accent.

oh cool, I didn't know that! :) I know my dad is super excited as well; he always is when they come out because he's read the books up to Dawn Treader. I don't care if the film disappoints me or not; it still looks like a great movie regardless of story changes and as long as it's a good movie, I'll like it. Besides I find the book kinda boring, to be honest; the only part I like in it is the end with Aslan and the undragoning. As long as they get those 2 things right, that's most important to me. But I'm not necessarily a book purist, and if I am it's only for certain books *cough*LoveComesSoftly*cough*.

I'm with you AK. PC film disappointed me as a book purist but looking at it as an adventure film, it was good and very exciting. I think VDT is going to be the same -- even if they change the story a bit, it will be a high seas adventure with a dragon, so how can it go too far wrong?

Oh, Julie, I wish I would be in PHX too! But I think that I'll be here; my mum is coming to me rather than my going to her. And I completely agree with you about the film: if they change up the story very much, I am going to hope that this is the last film in the series. I would hate it if they wrecked the themes of the book the way they did in PC film. :(

But I agree with AK as well, that as long as it is just a good movie, and we can separate it from the book in our heads, then it will be fun.

But I agree with AK as well, that as long as it is just a good movie, and we can separate it from the book in our heads, then it will be fun.
Yeah, maybe you're right, if we just think of it as a film and not as an exact model of the book but...It seems like such a hard thing to do! Maybe if I lower my strict expectations...

Yeah, maybe you're right, if we just think of it as a film and not as an exact model of the book but...It seems like such a hard thing to do! Maybe if I lower my strict expectations...

It's easy: before you go into the movie, say to yourself "I will neither love it nor hate it, but I will make that decision after the credits roll at the end." I always do that because I know that if I make a judgment before I see it and have time to wonder whether I really do like it, I end up backtracking. Make sense? And I wouldn't read the book prior to when you see it. That'll make you pick at it more; I mean, if you want to go back and see exactly what they changed, I'd do it after seeing it.

I've done that, but I seem to forget everything in the movie. :p

EDIT: don't lower them, maybe just put them aside for 2 hours until you see it. ;)

Back