Mod Q&A Thread II

AKKKK!! It's a monster! It's got 8 eyes! :D

Oh, I have a question for the mods: The list at the bottom of the home page of the forum of members who are currently logged on used to be arranged in alphabetical order, but now it's not. What happened?

I don't know about the names at the bottom, but the original So...Who's On Now thread was deleted (see the announcement regarding the forum pruning). It will be split every 1000 to 2000 posts and the old stuff archived first then deleted. The thread will continue, but it won't get to 58,000 posts again. It was contributing to the forum crashing all the time.

I have a question: Is it possible to permanently disable the feature that saves sent private messages? I know that I can disable it for individual private messages by unchecking the box at the bottom, but can I make it so that it never saves sent messages and I DON'T have to uncheck the box every time?

Nope, we don't. Futhermore, we can't reset them. If someone forgets their password, all we can do is go to the admin panel in the Mod Lounge and push a button that sends the hint of record to the e-mail address of record. So, when you registered and gave your password and e-mail, you were asked to provide a hint that should have reminded you of what your password was. We can't even see the hint, we can just tell the system to send it to you. So if you can't make sense of the hint, or don't use the same e-mail as you used when you registered, there's nothing we can do for you.

You should have something like what Yahoo and Ebay do... when yous say you've forgotten your password, it sends a temporary password to the email address you've given it, which you use to get into your account and set your password.

I believe the un-registered can view everything you do – except perhaps the profiles?

Is it possible to permanently disable the feature that saves sent private messages? I know that I can disable it for individual private messages by unchecking the box at the bottom, but can I make it so that it never saves sent messages and I DON'T have to uncheck the box every time?

*tries to think of another question*

...Ok, what would the mods do if the peoples of TDL tired of their rule and banded together to form a mass uprising? Would they be overwhelmed and swept down from their lofty posts by the unstoppable tide of rebelling members? Would the members cast them down and assume their places themselves? Or would Specter just use the fabled 'Ban All' button?

Back