Quotes By C.S. Lewis

"When a man is getting worse, he understands his own badness less and less. A moderately bad man knows he is not very good: a thoroughly bad man thinks he is all right."

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is."

"Be sure that the ins and outs of your individuality are no mystery to Him; and one day they will no longer be a mystery to you."

"Thirty was so strange for me. I`ve really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult."

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Wickedness, when you examine it, turns out to be the pursuit of some good in the wrong way. You can be good for the mere sake of goodness; you cannot be bad for the mere sake of badness. You can do a kind action when you are not feeling kind and when it gives you no pleasure, simply because kindness is right; but no one ever did a cruel action simply because cruelty was wrong—only because cruelty was pleasant or useful to him. In other words, badness cannot succeed even in being bad in the same way in which goodness is good. Goodness is, so to speak, itself; badness is only spoiled goodness.…Evil is a parasite, not an original thing.

C. S. Lewis inMere Christianity​
[/FONT]

"A man can no more diminish God`s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, `darkness` on the walls of his cell."

"Talk to me about the truth of religion and I`ll listen gladly. Talk to me about the duty of religion and I`ll listen submissively. But don`t come talking to me about the consolations of religion or I shall suspect that you don`t understand."

Back