Quotes By C.S. Lewis

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

That one is definately for me and anyone who thinks they are too old to do something new in their life.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

"We regard God as an airman regards his parachute; it`s there for emergencies but he hopes he`ll never have to use it."

"We have a strange illusion that mere time cancels sin. But mere time does nothing either to the fact or to the guilt of a sin."

(About God)

"When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all."

(About God)

"When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all."
that is a very powerful quote. thank you for posting it.

"I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation."

"Telling us to obey instinct is like telling us to obey `people.` People say different things: so do instincts. Our instincts are at war. Each instinct, if you listen to it, will claim to be gratified at the expense of the rest."

"Unless Christianity is wholly false, the perception of ourselves which we have in moments of shame must be the only true one."

"Be sure that the ins and outs of your individuality are no mystery to Him; and one day they will no longer be a mystery to you."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
C. S. Lewis

I love that one, Skylasue! I wish I knew some to post. Do yall get these from his books? I've been trying to get some of his such as Screwtape letters and The Wonderful Divorce.

Octasion I get most of them from his books but there is a site you can look them up at to or just google Cs Lewis Quotes here is another one

If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.

C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I love that one, Skylasue! I wish I knew some to post. Do yall get these from his books? I've been trying to get some of his such as Screwtape letters and The Wonderful Divorce.

Actually the title of the second one there would be "The Great Divorce." Good books to read. There is a quote site...and the books. Either way there are some amazing quotes of his and amazing books.

Here's another one:

"The salvation of a single soul is more important than the production or preservation of all the epics and tragedies in the world."

I can't remember if this one has been used so I'll put 2 in this one...

"Nothing that you have not given away will really be yours."

Another one I love is...

"Love is not affectionalt feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."

Back