• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Honest Trailers guys snark about the O-BK series should get an award!

"Why does a torture machine made for use on adult Jedi and rebels come with child-sized restraints?"

LOL... I don't really watch much Honest Trailers these days, but that line made me laugh. Reminds me of the old MST3K movies in style.

When i watch Star Wars/A New Hope i can't help but wonder how many of Leia's Alderaanian friends are still alive at the end of the movie. In the expanded universe/Legends, about sixty thousand Alderaanians survive because they were lucky enough to be off-world - but that's less than a clock tick compared to the billions killed when the planet was destroyed.

I was thinking of a teleportation through space scenario. Just as Mace and the others are about to enter his office to arrest him, Palpy is instantly teleported to the ground just outside the main settlement on Tatooine. His clothes and shoes come with him. His light saber and any communication devices upon him etc. do not.

Thoughts on how things might play out?

I like this for a thought experiment. I will think about it for a bit.

I'm just imagining the look on Mace's face as he and the other enter Palpy's office to arrest the Chancellor only to find it completely empty as old Sids is now on Tattooine in the Outer Rim with no light saber, weapons or personal communication devices upon his person.

Anakin is flying on his way to the Chancellory Building and will be just as bewildered upon arrival.

The originals are the best! Agree with you completely Charn_Tim. Episode two pissed me off, it was most definately the worst out of the whole saga.
Episodes VII and VIII were both particularly disappointing to me when I saw them for the first and last (perhaps not very last) time. I've never seen Episode IX, however. Despite the awkward acting in the Anakin/Padme scenes, Episode II has plenty of redeeming features, including Obi Wan's adventures and the cool lightsaber battles.

(I now see that I'm replying to a post from about 15 years ago; anyway, this demonstrates how even critics of the prequels could not have predicted the even greater disappointment to be found in the sequels).

Last edited:
Another supernatural scenario: All Imperial ships, freighters, and fighters (with the exception of the ship Darth Vader is on) and Imperial and Imperial loyalist military and militia forces disappear at the moment Obi-Wan and Luke are first watching the "Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!" message?

Every planet destroyed or devastated by Palpatine and his goons such as Alderaan, Caamas, Mandalore et al, suddenly reappears, planet and population completely unharmed, just as Luke is speaking the words "Your Highness" in ROTJ.

Episodes VII and VIII were both particularly disappointing to me when I saw them for the first and last (perhaps not very last) time. I've never seen Episode IX, however. Despite the awkward acting in the Anakin/Padme scenes, Episode II has plenty of redeeming features, including Obi Wan's adventures and the cool lightsaber battles.

(I now see that I'm replying to a post from about 15 years ago; anyway, this demonstrates how even critics of the prequels could not have predicted the even greater disappointment to be found in the sequels).
The sequel trilogy is now my favorite Star Wars trilogy. I like it more than both the original trilogy and the prequels, personally. I will say this as someone who defended the prequels constantly when they were released, and now does the same with the sequels: both have received the same level of perceived hate within the fan community. The general audience was not aware of the hate, or just ignored it.

I don't believe, in the slightest, that the sequel trilogy was a "greater disappointment." The reception to The Force Awakens in 2015 was undoubtedly powerful. I've watched that movie a lot. The Last Jedi is one of the most misunderstood Star Wars movies, and people tend to misunderstand that it is all about Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master and symbol of hope.

I was there when the prequels released and the internet hate started in earnest... Jar Jar Binks became the most hated character in all of Star Wars overnight... it overshadowed Greedo shooting first in the special editions, and the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. The response was so tepid that Binks' role was minimized further as the series continued. If people loved the character, who knows what the prequels would have looked like?

I understand being disappointed by Star Wars things... I was very disappointed by The Bounty Hunter Wars books by KW Jeter... and I don't think everything Clone Wars animated series is gold. Not all Star Wars is for everyone. The good thing is there's still more coming all the time, and there's the stuff that you do enjoy.

I enjoy the entire Skywalker Saga from time to time, and played through the Lego game of it entirely. Others may only enjoy the original trilogy or the prequels. Others still may only enjoy the animated series. That's okay. There's enough to go around.

What I have seen too much of in the community on twitter and Facebook in particular, are people putting other people down personally for liking the parts of Star Wars that they do. I mean there are people who love each of the Star Wars movies, and each one is a favorite for someone.

Also, I feel like the reason this 15 year old post you responded to seemed to reflect current day Star Wars hate, as I said before, doesn't have anything to do with a greater disappointment, because I don't think it is, based on my experience with it, and the groups I am now a part of on Facebook. I feel like it is a cycle repeating itself. Every time a new Star Wars trilogy is released, there are fans of the prior generations of Star Wars movies that hate the new thing. Every. Time.

The prequel trilogy even inspired a documentary called The People v. George Lucas, and Red Letter Media created videos longer than the movies about each prequel, tearing down every single thing in those movies. I haven't watched those videos nor the documentary, because I love the prequels. Do I think they are perfect movies? No. Nor is the Original Trilogy. Nor is the Sequel Trilogy.

What I think that responding to a 15 year old post about the prequels, with something about the Sequels says is: every generation has a Star Wars trilogy that they don't appreciate.

(In complete honesty, while I feel that the acting in a Star Wars movie is literally how the character acted at the time, as if in a documentary, which is how I choose to watch the movies, I can say that unequivocally I feel like the dialog and acting of the sequel trilogy is superior to that of the prequels, if taken to task. That said, viewed as a documentary with footage somehow captured of these events and edited together, I accept them all as they are, because I cannot control how they happen, I cannot impact what is made. I can respond with my money, and I have... I've spent probably 4000 on Rey related products, so you're welcome! 😉)

Last edited:
There's no way that Ian McDiarmid would return for a Disney produced Palpatine show! Or would he . . . ?
He absolutely would. In fact, he already has appeared in a show as Palpatine, just this year. I could definitely see him do that.

Back