Bibliophile Guild

Some of the classics leatherbound editions like Jane Eyre are only $15. :)
Jane Eyre? YECK! I love the character's voice, but she had nothing interesting to say. I lost interest after she joined that odd school.
And I just finished Jane Eyre at 2:05 this morning...it is a masterpiece...simply beautiful! Although my version was fuuullll of typos.
It certainly feels like you liked it! My english teacher said if you like JE you'd hate Pride & P. and vice versa.

Jane Eyre? YECK! I love the character's voice, but she had nothing interesting to say. I lost interest after she joined that odd school.

It certainly feels like you liked it! My english teacher said if you like JE you'd hate Pride & P. and vice versa.

Well I disagree, Jane Eyre happens to be one of my favorite novels. Not one chapter was dull to me, I found it enthralling from beginning to end. It offers so many insights on religion, station, love, and every issue under the sun. :)

To both of ye noble men. :)

I started P&P and couldn't get through it...it seemed very dull to me. I enjoyed the movie well enough though.

Jane Eyre has pushed itself up to the top of my favorite novels list! Next to a couple perhaps. It is a brilliantly written book that covers, as Jeff said, so much. Love, fear, hate, forgiveness, religion, restoration, second chances...so much!

I cried in several places...but mostly...ooops, guess I better not spoil it if you are going to read it SofA ;)

Well I disagree, Jane Eyre happens to be one of my favorite novels. Not one chapter was dull to me, I found it enthralling from beginning to end. It offers so many insights on religion, station, love, and every issue under the sun. :)
I guess to each his own :D I'm afraid I was never one for Victorian Dramas. I loved the first chapter where she slaps the boy. However it felt more and more like 'Woe is me' as it went on... perhaps, I should have given it a bit longer?
I was more of a Dickens person ( if we ignore that David Copperfield, I never cared for it), when it came to Victorian novels. However I love Carroll and Baum as my ultimate favorites. Has anyone ever read 'Hunting of a Snark'? I could never find a copy

I guess to each his own :D I'm afraid I was never one for Victorian Dramas. I loved the first chapter where she slaps the boy. However it felt more and more like 'Woe is me' as it went on... perhaps, I should have given it a bit longer?
I was more of a Dickens person ( if we ignore that David Copperfield, I never cared for it), when it came to Victorian novels. However I love Carroll and Baum as my ultimate favorites. Has anyone ever read 'Hunting of a Snark'? I could never find a copy

You are missing a treasure if you don't read J.E.! At least for me. ;)
Hunting of a Snark? Pray...what's a snark? :confused:

Ah, forgive my ignorance...nay I am not fluent in Alice. But, I do my makeup like Johnny Depp in the movie!!!
baby-shocked-face-03-copy2.jpg

YOU MUST READ ALICE!!!!
AND I'D give you a word or two about the above comment. Tim Burton's Alice in Blunderland is not canonical nor liked.

..... So anybody ever read the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffery? I'm reading the 2nd book right now.... (this is the slowest I have ever read a book. Its not my fault though! I haven't had time and I've been too exhausted!:eek:)

And no...I have not read the Dragonriders MTM

You should. They're good books. The first book is called "Dragonflight". And I (who always carries information from one book series to another) think that the books explain some things in other book serieses involving dragons (and movies too, in some cases....). If you've ever read Eragon they're rather similar to that.
And you can call me Mewsie.;)

Back