Debate on the Healthiness of Fangirlism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, why do guys think girls are "mysterious" or whatever? Its not like were that hard to figure out. Someone in an earlier post said that they were trying to figure out what went on in the female mind by debating here.

My pastor said women are like spaghetti and men are like waffles.
Women can process everything all jumbled together and see how everything in their lives relates to everything else in their lives.
Men however move between little boxes in their lives, with each area closed off from the other areas.
So while a woman can easily leap from subject to subject on a tenuous connection that she immediately sees in her mind, the poor man is left trying to lumber from box to box for no apparent reason, because he cannot see the connections she is quickly, mentally making.

And that means it's no wonder guys can't understand us!

Princess_Iliana said:
I really appreciate you trying and I'm glad you have noticed my point.
I suggest asking a mod to change it because I know they have the ability to do that. Mods have magic, thats my conclusion, lol.

Asphodel, remember in our PM's? The ones that started out not-so-nicely then ended nicely? I remember you saying something about tinman, and how he was part of the 'attack' (sorry I have to call it that, I have nothing else to referr it to) but I don't ever remember seeing him post in the Willianites Thread. Did he? I might noth ave gone back far enough...
No, tinman was away at the time of the "attack". He didn't post then. But yeah, I'll ask inkspot to change it for me, she just posted...

inkspot said:
Women can process everything all jumbled together and see how everything in their lives relates to everything else in their lives.
Men however move between little boxes in their lives, with each area closed off from the other areas.
So while a woman can easily leap from subject to subject on a tenuous connection that she immediately sees in her mind, the poor man is left trying to lumber from box to box for no apparent reason, because he cannot see the connections she is quickly, mentally making.

that is a very nice analogy :)
this has been going on so long and with so many random ideas thrust in, that i have no idea what the actual "topic" of the debate is right now :eek:

HERE'S THE TOPIC:

Just because fangirls have met other people who share their obsessions, interests, etcetera, does it necessarily mean they should post such random discussions? And so, then what's the point of the willianite or skandarnite, etc. threads? They become friends with each other under the sole idea that they like a celebrity?

Your thoughts.

inkspot said:

Uh...does that have much to do with the topic of obsessive fans?

Asphodel said:
No, tinman was away at the time of the "attack". He didn't post then. But yeah, I'll ask inkspot to change it for me, she just posted...

Actualy, a new friend told me what happened. Apparently he posted a very rude comment which started the 'attaack' as I assume and my new friend reported it and the post was deleted within few minutes of it being posted.

Inkspot, I love the analogy. It makes a lot of sense.

Asphodel said:
Uh...does that have much to do with the topic of obsessive fans?
None whatsoever! :)
But WPMLover had asked (at the top of page 13) why boys think girls are a mystery. I thought the analogy might help her see that boys don't always think the same way girls do.

Now, back to the topic ...

fawkes777 said:
HERE'S THE TOPIC:

Just because fangirls have met other people who share their obsessions, interests, etcetera, does it necessarily mean they should post such random discussions? And so, then what's the point of the willianite or skandarnite, etc. threads? They become friends with each other under the sole idea that they like a celebrity?

Your thoughts.

I don't see what this has got to do with the main debate, but oh well...

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with random discussions--if you've got a problem with that, you might as well take it out with the entire Duffers thread. Although the Willianites do initially meet one another while talking on the willianites thread, it is not only that that forms a friendship-- in the thread we basically learn more about each other--it isn't just "oh i like talking to you because you like skandar". that makes it sound like thats the only reason we talk to them-- but really, it is enjoyable enough to talk to anyone on any thread in here, whether it be about other books or something completely random in the duffers.

this will probably bring up the point that we aren't talking about the said actor all the time in the -ites threads. well, thats kind of hard to do after not having anything new to discuss and saying how cute we think he is--yes, that gets old very fast. we do discuss stuff that concerns the actor, but that isnt all we talk about; if it was then we'd have some serious problems, especially those of us who sometimes stay on for a few hours at a time.

hmm yes i see. interesting. i like that. but i think that if a common connection such as will, anna, skandar, or georgie brings you to meet new people, so be it. People have met in weirder way. I mean people i know go to chess club to meet people. if u can make a friend over chess, you can manke a friend over anything.

Yes, this is why Skandarnites is a different Thread from the official Skandar Thread. In the nites threads, they can be random as they like, and in the official Skandar thread, that's the place to discuss the actors ...

inkspot said:
Yes, this is why Skandarnites is a different Thread from the official Skandar Thread. In the nites threads, they can be random as they like, and in the official Skandar thread, that's the place to discuss the actors ...
Yes, but then what is the point of saying "Skandar"nites? So they just have a thread to talk randomly about their lives because they like Skandar? Why not start a "random talk about life" in the duffer forum?

It's just a name, and most of them like Skandar ... that's how they become friends because they like Skandar. Like the Kiwanis Club -- nobody knows what a Kiwanis is, but the Kiwanis Club is a service organization and the members raise money to do good works. It's just a name.

Asphodel said:
Yes, but then what is the point of saying "Skandar"nites? So they just have a thread to talk randomly about their lives because they like Skandar? Why not start a "random talk about life" in the duffer forum?

the nites threads aren't a one way or the other deal. sometimes members talk about stuff relating to the actor-- they want a place to talk about the non-professional parts of their lives as well. we dont talk about the actor 24/7, nor do we just randomly post about our lives 24/7.

Lucy_QueenofNarnia said:
the nites threads aren't a one way or the other deal. sometimes members talk about stuff relating to the actor-- they want a place to talk about the non-professional parts of their lives as well. we dont talk about the actor 24/7, nor do we just randomly post about our lives 24/7.
I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but I would highly question that last statement.

Asphodel said:

I may not be a "Skandarnite" but I have been accepted as a "Willianite" and As I said before,It's common Intrest. :)

Lucy_QueenofNarnia said:

i agree like right now we are just talking randomly cos we have nothin to talk about and sometimes we atlk about how our days have been so the last statement is correct :p

tottyfruitty said:
i agree like right now we are just talking randomly cos we have nothin to talk about and sometimes we atlk about how our days have been so the last statement is correct :p

Yeah, see?
hehe, I love having back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back