Debate on the Healthiness of Fangirlism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protofan said:
*cough* I think fangirls, are crazy, hormonal, geeks.
If you're going to be that immature,then okay,but i prefer the term "nerd" thank you :D and if you don't understand sarcasam....this is a joke...you're supposed to laugh at it like so "haha haha haha"
:D

always winter said:
yea, if anyone thinks my obsession with william moseley is bad then my obsession with narnia is about 3 times worse :p i just can't help it...that narnia is so goodlooking :rolleyes:
You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Please read previous posts if you aren't sure where this thread is right now, don't throw out random topics like that.

fawkes777 said:
You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Please read previous posts if you aren't sure where this thread is right now, don't throw out random topics like that.

i was responding to lucy_queenofnarnia (note the quotes as i posted) sorry if no one can handle a little joke. my bad, dont get your panties in a bunch now *puts on serious face* :mad:

me being a fangirl myself to skandar and will (mostly skandar), i think it's totally healthy as long as it doesnt interrupt with ur personal life or as long as u dont go to england just to see them or even try to kidnap them. everyone goes through a time in their life when they get obsessed with a celebrity.

and to all those ppl who think being fangirls/fanboys r unhealthy, think again. its perfectly normal, and as much as u ppl hate to admit it, im pretty sure u guys have gone through that phase or will in the near future.

Aitoren said:
Thank you. That about sums it up, right?

Reguarding this quote, Protofan is just trying to be annoying. What he doesn't realizes is that if he keeps it up I am going to get very upset with him.

Reguarded one of your quotes earlier, something about sporting pictures in our siggys. Some one said "What else are we supposed to put?"
What exactly is wrong with having pictures? I find nothing wrong with it. And, it doesn't matter whose picture it is, its just a picture. What about my siggy? Is that a lil' too much for ya?

Reguarding the 'next topic', which by the way, this is really, all one topic, I think that fangirlism in its self is not a time waster. I find this site addicting and fun to be on, but I'm not always on the Willianites Thread or only talking about William. Plus, for the majority of us, its Summer, or almost summer, and every one seems to have more time to spare, as Lucy_QueenofNarnia nicely stated.
What every one is time consuming with is their personal buisness. ?If they want to be on the site for a whole 24 hours, no lets make it 48 hours! 2 days, straight, that is up to them, or wheather they decide to stay on for only half an hour or less, its still up to them.

You say (reffering to my opposers) that fangirls are, shall I say, more.. overload with the fan-ism it self, than guys are. I believe that to be completly false! I know so many guys who have celeb crushes and talk on forums like this. Next time you decide to say girls go overboard, think about that.

Also, lets try to not to change the subject (i.e. the moving to england meeting William and all the other things that were said.) because this is not what this thread is about and its not helping our reputation acting like exactly what these guys have been calling us - crazy hormonal fangirls, so watch what you say, please.

always winter said:
i was responding to lucy_queenofnarnia (note the quotes as i posted) sorry if no one can handle a little joke. my bad, dont get your panties in a bunch now *puts on serious face* :mad:
I know, but that comment had no point.

And Princess_Iliana, you know that what Protofan was immature, so don't say that we're all telling you you're immature fangirls. We're debating, we disagree, and so we're arguing our points. Don't listen to ones that have been crudely developed.

Last edited:
fawkes777 said:
And Princess_Iliana, you know that what Protofan was immature, so don't say that we're all telling you you're immature fangirls. We're debating, we disagree, and so we're arguing our points. Don't listen to ones that have been crudely developed.

Was? No, he is immature. I have already taken care of that buisness so there is no need to talk about Protofan and his rude immature comments.
I did not say that my opposers said that we, I take it you meant you in the general way, are immature fangirls.

Why does it have to be fangirlism.
I would highly appreciate if the creaor of this thread would change the name to "Debate on the healthiness of Fan-ism"
Because its not just girls as I have stated many a time!

Princess_Iliana said:
Was? No, he is immature. I have already taken care of that buisness so there is no need to talk about Protofan and his rude immature comments.
I did not say that my opposers said that we, I take it you meant you in the general way, are immature fangirls.

Why does it have to be fangirlism.
I would highly appreciate if the creaor of this thread would change the name to "Debate on the healthiness of Fan-ism"
Because its not just girls as I have stated many a time!
Actually I've attempted to change the title of the thread because of that very reason, but I'm not sure how to do it. :eek: You see, tinman started this thread without our acknowledgement and so we've been trying to adjust and make things less hostile.

Asphodel said:
Actually I've attempted to change the title of the thread because of that very reason, but I'm not sure how to do it. :eek: You see, tinman started this thread without our acknowledgement and so we've been trying to adjust and make things less hostile.

I really appreciate you trying and I'm glad you have noticed my point.
I suggest asking a mod to change it because I know they have the ability to do that. Mods have magic, thats my conclusion, lol.

Asphodel, remember in our PM's? The ones that started out not-so-nicely then ended nicely? I remember you saying something about tinman, and how he was part of the 'attack' (sorry I have to call it that, I have nothing else to referr it to) but I don't ever remember seeing him post in the Willianites Thread. Did he? I might noth ave gone back far enough...

I'm not a fan girl, I'm a guy, yet my mom still says im obsessed. I watched the movie again tonight! And i have many of the actors school's placemarked on google earth.

PrinceCaspianwannabe said:
I'm not a fan girl, I'm a guy, yet my mom still says im obsessed. I watched the movie again tonight! And i have many of the actors school's placemarked on google earth.

I told you its not just girls! He proved my point too!!! :D

Fangirlism is so completely universal that it's really just a normal part of development. Even if it's not purely "healthy", it's at least a neurosis that everyone else also has.

Fanboyism is actually very similar, though I think it's by and large less driven by romantic desire and more by admiration, because fewer boys of the appropriate age (middle school or so) have gone through puberty.

Right... with boys, they're most likely to be fans of people they want to be like: athletes, pop stars, actors, whatever. With girls, it's more likely (though not certain) to be someone she has a crush on, such as good-looking guys. The two are different, and that's a good thing.

Oddish said:
Right... with boys, they're most likely to be fans of people they want to be like: athletes, pop stars, actors, whatever. With girls, it's more likely (though not certain) to be someone she has a crush on, such as good-looking guys. The two are different, and that's a good thing.
very very true!

Oddish said:

Your right.
I actualy have been considering acting after watching this movie a lot and a lot of other movies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back