Does Susan go to the "New Narnia"?/Whatever happened to Susan?

>In time, do you think she would have gone back to believing in narnia after she got over herself?
She would have to or Aslan would be shown to be a liar. Remember it was Aslan who said that once you were a King or Queen of Narnia you were always a King or Queen of Narnia. I don't see any conditions or room for loop-holes in this statement.

Here is where I most love this recurring theme in Narnia:

We are only told our own stories.

Aslan knows all our stories, but he is no gossip. We'll just have to wait.

Lots of room for speculation here, of course, but my thought would be that if Susan didn't die in the train crash (and there's no indication that she did), and later returned in her life to following Christ (Aslan in this world), that she would be welcomed to Paradise upon death. And, of course, since Paradise is Aslan's Country, and all worlds are mere spurs off that, I would think she certainly could return to the Real Narnia.

Thanks everyone for all your insight her. Yes, it's true that Aslan only tells us our own stories, but that just gets my imagination going! (I very much like this aspect of it).

Somehow I figured that she would turn back and get into narnia but I didn't know why.

"Once a king or queen in narnia, always a king or queen in narnia."

That pretty much speaks for itself. She'll be arriving later!

When I'm thinking of what became of Suzan I always think of her standing beside the open graves of her brothers and sister. Think of what C.S. Lewis wrote in the problem of pain: suffering is God's megaphone.

There's a real teaching in her story... for all of us.

Oh I would have to agree on that one too. The death of her siblings must have been a real wakeup call for Susan.

Similar things happen in our world for the same purpose.

I think that when she saw she'd lost her brothers and sisters she'd believe again. I think that she fell in the trap of material things because she didn't realise that there were others that mattered much more. I have no doubt that if she'd been made to choose between her family and everything she may wish in the world she would have said her family.

The problem is that sometimes you don't see your true priorities until it's too late to do something about it. Her siblings and parents' deaths probably opened Susan's eyes and brought her back to Narnia. Susan is always fearful, but not just for her own well-being, also for her siblings'. She is too attached to the physical world and that's a proble, for sure, but she still tries to do what's 'best' (even if she is clueless). I mean, her disattachment from Narnia is not because she stops believing in good, but because she apparently has 'grown up'. And let me tell you, considering they live in a post-war world, it'd be very easy to lose your faith. Many bad things happen in a war, all of them terrible, and the physical may get huge importance (staying alive being the priority, for example).

But of course the loss of what's truely important would probably make her find Narnia a lot easier than before. Some of the best christians (or devoted to any religion) are actually people who had lost their faith. Having faith just for the sake of it is fanatism. Seeing for yourself why that faith helps you is what makes you devoted. Susan was absolutely unable to have blind faith, but it seems that after something like the death of her family she'd have it more than ever. She'd want them to be well, to start with. She'd wish to be with them. And eventually she'd remember what she thought she'd forgotten.

Also, think about her siblings. Do you really think that they would be able to be completely happy without Susan in there? They needed their parents to find true happiness, and Susan is doubtlessly one of those they love. Once a queen in Narnia... I got the message that Susan would come to her senses eventually. Also, isn't God's main (one of them) role to forgive? Susan may have to go through another test of faith. But this time she'd pass it.

let me get this right

you guys think Narnia is "heaven"? Explain to me how they would have ever gone before....they weren't dead..

um well, you know in the Last Battle when the children die in the train crash and they see their parents and Aslan takes the to the new narnia. (i hope that was correct lol) i'm not sure whether Susan goes with them...because they explain in earlier chapters, that she is so keen on growing up that she has forgot all about narnia. and it would be terribly sad if all the other other children got to go to the new narnia and susan dosn't. she one of my favourite characters you see. may i have missed something..

I think you got it right. She does not go at that time because she is in America, but Lewis leaves it open. Perhaps she returns to Aslan before she crosses that great divide of death. I hope so. :)

Susan could also find Jesus in England (who is Aslan by another name) and end up in the new version of our world. I personally like to believe that she can still find her way to Narnia, after all our world didn't end, several of them were just in a train accident. If however, she can't get into Narnia, if she found Jesus, I would assume the others can walk around the countries to her. But if she believed again I think she's good to get back into Narnia.

Wasn't there a part in the LB where they talked about a bridge between new england and new narnia. The kids could see their parents waving at them from new england.

She would undoubtedly return to Narnia. Not only would her siblings want her there, and she was never a bad person but I believe that she would have found Aslan again. When comparing it to the religious point of view, we know that many people lose faith because they don't want to follow anything blindly but know insteadwhysomething is. Often however, when faith is lost and then found again, it comes back without doubts and is unbreakable. I who have gove through this process can tell you that if Susan were to believe again, nevermore would she falter and doubt. ;) She'll find the way!

I don't think she does. To me, I got the picture that the new Narnia is Aslan's Land, and Aslan's Land is 'The Other Side' - or, heaven. Susan would have to die to go to the new Narnia.

In a letter CS Lewis wrote to a child who asked the same question he said that at the end of LB, Susan is still alive in our world and so she still has a chance. Lewis went on to say that it was his belief that Susan did eventually get back to Narnia, she just took a little longer than the others.

Lewis also said in a letter to a little boy that Susan was still alive in our world and so still had a chance. He said that he further believed that she would eventually make it to Narnia.

Narnian_Blade said:
If the book was extended, what would become of Susan, and how to you think CS Lewis would put it? Originally, he wrote these stories as stories, but he tried to make comparisions to the christianity side of things.

In this book, Susan does not come to Narnia because she pretty much stopped believing it or something. But she was still alive in the "non narnian" world. In time, do you think she would have gone back to believing in narnia after she got over herself? (like so many christians do after they fall away from the faith) I was just thinking that after a while, she would come to her senses and then get to the new narnia that aslan created. This of course is just my imagination, and I am curious how everyone else thinks it would have turned out.

well he wrote the story for his goddaughter lucy but by the time he finish she was too old for fairy tales!!

Back