Fave hobbit?

My favorite hobbit from the very beginning has been Pippin. I didn't know so many other people liked him, too! :D His personality is very funny and he has such a strong bond with Merry. Oh, and by the way, Frodo wasn't 'wimpy and weak' he was just weak from the ring making him that way-it wasn't his fault. I think he would've died, though, without Sam.

Welcome, Pegasus! I didn't see you post before. Glad to have you here. I agree with you that Pippin is a good character -- in that quiz about "which LOTR character are you?" I came out Pippin!

I agree with you that Frodo is not weak, and it was the ring that dragged him down. In the books it is very clear he is determined to see his plan through or die trying. I just think the in last two movies, they didn't get that gritty determination out of Elijah Wood, what came across mostly was his weakness. In the movies. Not the books. I blame PJ. Not EW.

My favourite is Merry, I think. I love the relationship between him and Pippin, but I think he's my favourite 'cause he's sort of an older sibling type. I'm a younger sibling, and I definitely played Pippin to my sister's Merry, and I don't know where I'd have got to without her. So, I like the mixture of being mischievous, but having to be the responsible one a lot of the time.

sam's my favorite i love his character in the movies. i don't like it as much in the book. i like frodo better in the book but its a close tie with frodo in the movies. and how could anyone not love merry and pippin...

Gondor Knight of Narnia said:
i like pippin best i think, he's quite plucky! :D he even survived an attack troll falling on him!

Yea, he's the best. Even if he's a bit silly, but that's what makes him great.

Who is my favorite hobbit? That's quite a question...I wager I'd have to say Bilbo Baggins (from The Hobbit), because he it is who has such a brave and kind heart, and is willing to take the extra "step of faith" to accomplish certain tasks (even though he wish he were back in his home by the fireside, etc.). I can relate to this personality quite a bit - it reminds me of so many of the men and women God has used in history, recorded in the Bible. Timid, often, and humble, considering themselves unable to take on what the Lord requests of them - but they are those whom God uses.

I Corinthians 1,27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty...

From the FOTR movie, Gandalf says to Frodo: Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know of their ways in a month; and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you.

I love Bilbo too...they are all wonderful and endearing and I love Sam and Frodo, but Mr. Bilbo Baggins is my favourite.
Whenever he popped up in LOTR I couldn't help but be excited.

My favorite two Hobbits of them all are undoubtedly Bilbo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee, with Nob coming in as a close third. I love Bilbo for he is merely myself if I were a Hobbit!! Almost exactly!! And Samwise is all the rest of me that Bilbo isn't!!

As for Nob...I just love his name and that he's of few words!!

its SAM, he's very kind and considerate, he's too loyal! , i love him, wonderful sam, samthe great! hehehehe:D
Sam who wont leave frodo
sam who wants to help frodo
Sam whos always there for frodo
Sam who always saved Frodo

Sam, who wrote the last page of the book, hehehehe:D (thats what frodo said, right?)

(sam, the last part of the book is your,...) :)

Back