Maria Sharapova

She deserves it. I am not a tennisfan but there is no reason not to love her win. If she plays great and she has the talent and she does all she can (which she does) she deserves to win. Tennis is not easy. It asks a lot of your body and people get easily injured. Let us cheer for Maria!

It is indeed physically draining, I just got back from tennis practice and I'm winded. I can imagine what pro players like Maria most feel like after a grand slam or during tournament matchs. Anyhow it's great to have somone else I know rooting for her. :)

Of course Jeff! Why not? You are so enthusiast about her winning the Australian Open. And not many other people are into tennis. It's fun (in a good way) to see someone so much into tennis :D

Yeah, I msut say Maria has trully inspired me. not only am I a fan,. but now i'm actually playing tennis. It's so much fun being into a sport. :)

To be into sports is fun. I used to be a big sport lover. especially formula 1 and wintersports. Tennis is on eurosport right now and the host just named the name of a certain Maria Sharapova who played at Antwerpen a couple of years ago :D

I don't know if you are able to receive this channel but Eurosport 2 has a lot of Tennis and so does Eurosport 1. They are live at most tennis tournaments.
And there are a lot of sports channels but a Tennis channel itself? I do believe there is one dedicated to Tennis but I can't remember the name :(
But there is always google :D

There are always a lot of important tennis tournaments where all great players are going to participate. Eurosport is not showing all but a lot. I don't know if you can get Eurosport. Originally it was a french sprotschannel but the last decades it has grown so fast it is one of the largest and main sportschannels of Europe. The only complain I have, are these stupid commercials :mad: But it shows all sports. Eurosport also has a Tennis journal where they are talking with a lot of famous tennis players.

Well prehapes I can find out if my local listings will provide Eurosport. If not I wil just have to make due with ESPN 2.

Here is pic of Maria in a red dress:

Attachments

• 36335_1188380626.jpg
    36335_1188380626.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25
She's wearing a cross around her neck. I think she is orthodox. Just a thought because most russians are. I love these colored shirts or dresses. White is a bit boring after a while :D

Yeah I've noticed she always wares that cross and during a win she looked upward and blew a kiss. So it is highly probable that she is Orthodox.

I guess it is an answer to your question. Is she a religious person? I think she is and that's a very good sign. These days too many people are no longer believing in God. That's sad :( She said in an interview that you have to do something with the talent God has given you. You shouldn't waste it and she is right :D

I have been praying for her, that she would trully know Christ. I pray that for all my favorite stars. I think Maria has a good heart and I've seen nothing but good fruit come from her.

At least she was honest about the money. She said she didn't deny it to get a lot of money but she also said it isn't her main reason to tennis. She wants to win and that's the spirit. Every sportsman or woman should have an attitude to win.

Yeah, my father made the comment last night that she seems very serious. My reply was "That's because she's serious about wining". There is no doubt Maria is a winner, she thrives on being a champion. And I admire her for that.

I think the only talented player now that can really challenge Maria Sharapova is Ana Ivanovic. She's young like Maria and has a bright future ahead.

Below is a pic of Maria in purple dress:

Attachments

• normal_maria-sharapova-purpledress15.jpg
    normal_maria-sharapova-purpledress15.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back