Monk

Which Monk character is your favorite?

• Total voters
I agree, Natalie's speech in that wedding episode was awesome. And I agree it is refreshing to see on TV a program that makes marriage important and worth it, you know, even for 5 minutes ... that was lovely. Yah, the villain, you could figure out what was being done, but not why. That worked out nicely. And I loved the actual wedding on the beach at the end ... it was sweet.

I agree, Natalie's speech in that wedding episode was awesome. And I agree it is refreshing to see on TV a program that makes marriage important and worth it, you know, even for 5 minutes ... that was lovely. Yah, the villain, you could figure out what was being done, but not why. That worked out nicely. And I loved the actual wedding on the beach at the end ... it was sweet.

Yeah the villain was really easy to guess, and I figured out the motive surprisingly easy

but it was an absolutely adorable episode! It was a very cute wedding

I didn't figure out the motive until near the end. But I was so happy for Leland. He's my favorite! :)

I didn't figure out the motive until near the end. But I was so happy for Leland. He's my favorite! :)

I was too :D I love Randy too and.... I'm hoping he finds someone else besides Sharona, but it may not be possiblbe :rolleyes:

Yah, I was a bit disappointed in that, too. Randy seems like he could do so much better. Nothing against Sharona, but she's so goofy about relationships.

Ugh! I will not see it until next week when we are back in the USA -- and maybe not then because I am having a busy Christmas season and I'm alreay 2 episodes behind! I wil have to come back in a week or two and say what I thought -- I don't want to check in here and see spoilers. :)

(Adrian) MONK LOVERS!!!

Here is a thread to discuss my favorite TV show called Monk! It is a USA network show about a homicide detective with amazing detective skills... His only weakness is his fears. He's afraid of Milk, insects, the dark, heights, tight spaces and everything else in between! For a better biography here is one http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/theshow/characterprofiles/tony/index.html
monk.jpg

Attachments

• Monk.jpg
    Monk.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 52
I am still on the 6th season! but I'm making my way to the last! I don't have an opinion yet if I'm happy or sad that it ended because I haven't seen the whole thing... I do know some people, though, who thought that it needed to end :(

The ending was fine itself but I miss the show, it was like the only good thing on besides Doctor Who. ;)

My Mary loved "Monk." This was ironic, since Mary was soon to pass away and leave ME as a widower LIKE Adrian Monk. (Also, as a teenager I had a much milder version of Monk's obsessive-compulsive behavior.)

Here is something which I don't know if any of you noticed. What the producers did with the opening music is a perfect illustration of how show-business people FAIL to see the value of understatement. The instrumental music played over the credits in the FIRST season was perfect, absolutely perfect: instead of yelling in our faces "This is a story about a massively neurotic man," it set the mood subtly, letting us catch a HINT of the unfortunate hero's sufferings. But they had to "fix" what wasn't broken; they replaced the gentle guitar piece with a raucous, over-the-top song which I considered a case of gross overstatement.

My Mary loved "Monk." This was ironic, since Mary was soon to pass away and leave ME as a widower LIKE Adrian Monk. (Also, as a teenager I had a much milder version of Monk's obsessive-compulsive behavior.)

Here is something which I don't know if any of you noticed. What the producers did with the opening music is a perfect illustration of how show-business people FAIL to see the value of understatement. The instrumental music played over the credits in the FIRST season was perfect, absolutely perfect: instead of yelling in our faces "This is a story about a massively neurotic man," it set the mood subtly, letting us catch a HINT of the unfortunate hero's sufferings. But they had to "fix" what wasn't broken; they replaced the gentle guitar piece with a raucous, over-the-top song which I considered a case of gross overstatement.

WOW!!! May she rest in peace! That is so cool how you can relate to monks story! I love how the music ends the episodes! It's nice and quiet (going into the credits) and then goes back to the original theme! It leaves the awkwardness you feel during the credits out!

I know that Trudy ()**SPOILER**() Is dead, But she had a kid before she dies so Adrian has someone to remind him of Trudy, the thing I don't like about it was because she had an affair and thats how she had the kid (this is what I heard from my friends/family) ()**SPOILER**() I can't wait to finish the series!

Speaking of the music, did you ever see the episode in which Willie Nelson appeared AS HIMSELF? Adrian Monk was shown at one point playing his clarinet in accompaniment to Willie's guitar and voice.

Back