Monk

Which Monk character is your favorite?

• Total voters
I'm going to find the existing Monk thread and merge them when I get a chance. In the meantime, I didn't see the last 3 episodes as I have been busy and traveling. Tivo has them for me, as soon as I get a chance to watch. Can't wait.

Yes they're amazing Inkspot, you're missing out ;)

Sweet! iMerge with older thread on this subject. I think I have 3 episodes to watch as soon as I get the time. I love Mr. Monk.

I didn't actually watch that many besides the last few, sadly. And Fridays aren't even that busy for me!

Monk!

Is anyone else a fan of the TV show "Monk" starring Tony Shalhoub? I love it! The series about an OCD Detective airs on USA, and this is the eighth, and last season. :( However, I have loved the other seasons, especially the ones with Natalie as his assistant. I think Monk's devotion for his dead wife is one of the sweetest stories of love that I have ever seen, and I also applaud USA for making the show generally very watchable and not cluttering it with a bunch of unseemly content (If they did Monk would probably feel obligated to clean it up!). Does anyone else like it? If so, which episodes are your favorites? One of mine is "Mr. Monk and the Kid" and "Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees" (Great and very tasteful lesson about abstinence and waiting in that episode).

Here is a link to the USA website about Monk: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/theshow/overview/index.html

I think there already is a (apparently lost) thread for Monk somewhere.

I love Monk, I have to say that the Captain (except for the language) and Randy would have to be my favorite characters, though Natalie's pretty awesome

iMerge with an older thread on this subject.

I love Monk. I voted for Stottlemeyer. I love his character.

There is also a book series now, based on the characters, which I like very much.

I am sad this is the last season of Monk! But I am loving the new programs.

Is there foul language? I guess I hadn't noticed. Mostly I think the show is family firendly. It's never cheezy/sexy, and the violence is not gory if there is violence, and they characters, the main characters, are gentle with one another. It's never dark and depressing, even if it is about solving crimes. I like my Law & Order and all, but I think the more light-hearted and sweet approach of the Monk show is nice. I didn't mind Sharona at all, but I really like Natalie.

Yes, there's some mildly foul language, and I kind of thought Sharona was nasty to Adrian pretty often. But the show, and Monk's ability to figure things out, is fascinating. And he is such a real person, for being so stereotyped in OCD and insanity.

Yeah, sorry I was looking for another Monk thread but I didn't see it in Wood Between the worlds or anything, but now I see. :)

I agree the bad language is really annoying, and even with those who have TV guardians it doesn't take it out for some reason, but besides that it really is family friendly.

I really like Natalie a lot more than Sharona, but she had her sweet moments too. I'm glad she's guest starring in the last season. I know they've made a lot of intriguing statements about what will happen this season, and one show SPOILER
Is called Mr. Monk is the best man. Soooo... who do you think is getting married? My guess is Stottlemeyer is getting back with his wife, or maybe he found someone else really nice. Any other guesses?

I kind of ship Randy Natalie. Anyone else with me? :D

i think it would be funny if Randy FINALLY found a steady girlfriend who isnt trying to kill anyone, and isnt a supermodel!

I do miss Leland's wife though, so it would be nice if they got back together

i think it would be funny if Randy FINALLY found a steady girlfriend who isnt trying to kill anyone, and isnt a supermodel!

I do miss Leland's wife though, so it would be nice if they got back together

I love Randy, I think it would be great if he got together with a really sensible girl who got along really well with Natalie and they kind of made fun of him together. :D

Back