Share a Pic! III

attachment.php

LOL thats really funny xD

HAHA your pose matches the shirt perfectly! :D The shirts EPIC too!

This is my sword. I cleaned it up with a mousepad sander, then polished it up, then used a hacksaw to cut up little pieces of wood for my handle. Then, I filed the edges of the wood to make them rounded. After that my grandpa helped me and we taped the hilt to the sword using handle-bar tape supposed to be used for bikes :p (my grandpa used to own a Scwinn bicyle shop) and cemented the end piece to the rest so it would stay really well. This is before I put the handle on. Hopefully I can get pics of it after it has the handle but it looks really good in this picture compared to what it did look like. If you can see any dark spots on the surface of the sword then imagine those covering the whole thing and you'll know how it looked before (it was in a fire at one point and it messed up the shininess of the blade). Its made of good stainless steel- it isn't magnetic- and is quite light for a sword. It is a scimitar. I left the spots there on purpose- to give it character. We don't know how old it is.

Attachments

• My sword- without handle cropped.jpg
    My sword- without handle cropped.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 43
Awwwww....;)

Now if only my brother would get married. Or my sister...:rolleyes:

LOL. I used to couldn't wait for my sister to get married, but then once she did she's been a completely different person (and not for the better) that I don't hardly even know anymore. :( Okay, I guess I should say she was starting to change prior to that, but anyways. Not gonna air my dirty laundry here. ;)

This is my sword. I cleaned it up with a mousepad sander, then polished it up, then used a hacksaw to cut up little pieces of wood for my handle. Then, I filed the edges of the wood to make them rounded. After that my grandpa helped me and we taped the hilt to the sword using handle-bar tape supposed to be used for bikes :p (my grandpa used to own a Scwinn bicyle shop) and cemented the end piece to the rest so it would stay really well. This is before I put the handle on. Hopefully I can get pics of it after it has the handle but it looks really good in this picture compared to what it did look like. If you can see any dark spots on the surface of the sword then imagine those covering the whole thing and you'll know how it looked before (it was in a fire at one point and it messed up the shininess of the blade). Its made of good stainless steel- it isn't magnetic- and is quite light for a sword. It is a scimitar. I left the spots there on purpose- to give it character. We don't know how old it is.

That's cool.:D

That. Is. Awesome. Beyond. Words.

*Highly Jealous*

That's so great, mewsie. :p

Thanks. It was really fun to work on too. The sword's name is Fireheart which is the name of one of the cats my grandparents have that I gave them. Yes, I named my sword after a cat, I am strange.:p
Yes, you are strange, but that is not necessarily a bad thing! :D I love your sword, Mewsie, that is awesome!

And AK, your niece is adorable! I can definitely see a resemblance.

I am sad I missed AK's niece. I am sure she was a cutie. :)

I like the sword, too!

here is a photo from my visit in New Orleans last week ...

Attachments

• donkey.jpg
    donkey.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 89
Back