You got the set? Awesome. I still have to buy mine
I don´t think i´m allowed to post links to other sites here where they sell stuff, but i do know one site that sells it for about 80 dollars, season 1-3 that is, so if you´re interested, send me a pm. (I´m just telling because it took me hours to find it, and it was very frustrating :rolleyes: And then again, you can probably get it cheaper, since you´re not bound to regionfree (or 2) codes :() But it is great! Enjoying every minute of it... except the scary ones!

Anyway, i liked New Earth, though the Christmas Invation was better. I love that the Doctor believes that the humans are alive, while the sisterhood says they´re just ´flesh´! :D The cats gave me the creeps a bit though:p

David Tennant is great because he has this funnyness and enormous energy. I really like him in the role too. But i did like Eccleston too a lot!

The high casualty rate among friends of the Doctor, whether for death or various forms of damage, reminds me of something from way back in the Sixties.

The original series "The Avengers" had many, if not all of its episodes written by a man named Brian Clemens. The stories he wrote tended to have nearly all characters _other_ than John Steed and his leading lady get killed off. (Note that I said "leading lady" rather than give a name, because over the life of the series in all its forms, while John Steed was _always_ present, there were _four_ successive tough-girl female stars.) It was enough to make you think that Clemens would kill off even the stars of the show, if the producer would allow him. That feeling was confirmed for me by what Clemens did after "The Avengers." He took to scripting made-for-TV horror movies for the ABC network; and in _every_ one of these with NO exceptions ever, evil was allowed to be totally victorious and wipe out good.

While I wish eternal condemnation on no human soul....if Brian Clemens _does_ end up in the bad place, his everlasting punishment should be to re-enact all of his own horror stories, with himself always cast as the powerless, doomed victim--having to experience over and over and over again what it feels like to be on the _receiving_ end of the merciless evil which he thought was so cool and hip and clever.

* Paladin of the Palinites: upholding the honor of the virtuous Lady Sarah!

he probably isn't that bad, you have to worry about the market he was catering for more.

is there a thread for torchwood or can that be discussed on this thread too?

The high casualty rate among friends of the Doctor, whether for death or various forms of damage, reminds me of something from way back in the Sixties.

The original series "The Avengers" had many, if not all of its episodes written by a man named Brian Clemens. The stories he wrote tended to have nearly all characters _other_ than John Steed and his leading lady get killed off. (Note that I said "leading lady" rather than give a name, because over the life of the series in all its forms, while John Steed was _always_ present, there were _four_ successive tough-girl female stars.) It was enough to make you think that Clemens would kill off even the stars of the show, if the producer would allow him. That feeling was confirmed for me by what Clemens did after "The Avengers." He took to scripting made-for-TV horror movies for the ABC network; and in _every_ one of these with NO exceptions ever, evil was allowed to be totally victorious and wipe out good.

While I wish eternal condemnation on no human soul....if Brian Clemens _does_ end up in the bad place, his everlasting punishment should be to re-enact all of his own horror stories, with himself always cast as the powerless, doomed victim--having to experience over and over and over again what it feels like to be on the _receiving_ end of the merciless evil which he thought was so cool and hip and clever.

* Paladin of the Palinites: upholding the honor of the virtuous Lady Sarah!

The saddest thing is that many people will buy and watch that garbage and think it's "cool". Really sad indeed!

I will send you pm leike!

I find the Torchwood concept intriguing, but I have not seen enough of the episodes which explain it to be able to say anything useful about it.

If you´re trying to pm me, bk, remember that it´s LIEke, the I before the E:p

I don´t know much about Torchwood either, i like Captain Jack a lot, does that count?:rolleyes:

If you´re trying to pm me, bk, remember that it´s LIEke, the I before the E:p
I knew that.

I haven't seen much Torchwood either. Sorry. But I did like the episode (of Dr. Who) of the alien werewolf at the castle when they tried to kill the Queen and steal the diamond (name?).

Hahahaha! I don't know why I love Dr. Who. Maybe it's the suspense or the comedy? I started watching it after Chris Eccleston and David Tennant is definitely my favorite doctor. I love Rose BUT I relate to Donna so much. I was SO distraught after the season finale this year. :(

*oooohhhh.... Rose.....!*

ahem!

As you were saying, you mean the season finale when Rose was left in a different... oops! spoiler. You mean that one?

***SPOILERS***

I agree. I think it was more moving than if she'd died, especially as she'd done so much for the whole universe!! Poor lass... she'll probably just end up in some dead end job somewhere with no aspirations or hopes. It's just depressing really...

I haven't seen much Torchwood either. Sorry. But I did like the episode (of Dr. Who) of the alien werewolf at the castle when they tried to kill the Queen and steal the diamond (name?).
Tooth and claw?

Yeah, kind of weird, but i watched the season's four finale episodes (both of them) before starting to watch it basically. Really, i saw New Earth, and after that season's four finale, and then season one. But what happened to Donna was really sad yes :( I did love the episodes though. My favorite episode would be... hmm... i liked Christmas Invation, but i liked more... ooh, School Reunion was great, too! Let me think, season one... with the Daleks is cool pretty much each time. I love Rose as a companion so far, but i liked Donna too, so i'm excited about watching more.

EDIT: And Jack, i love Jack. And the episode where they are playing games on the old satelite five, with Big Brother and the Weakest Link and such, very cool! That was a really cool one too. I'm not too sure about Martha as a companion though, but we'll see...

Back