Less than 1.00 days!

Are you going to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader the movie?

• Definitely -- midnight screening opening day!

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Yes, looking forward to it

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Yes but without a lot of expectations

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • (not sure)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
No...nothing yet.I imagine they don't announce the weekly winners until Thursday or Friday. :(

Yes, so sad but true. I wonder how many entries they've been getting. Hopefully not too many. :) I've also been wondering about getting a passport if I were to win. I've heard it takes awhile to get one, unless you request expedited service. I'm not sure how much quicker than is though.

I don't know for sure, but I would think that contest winners would either have an exception to a passport, or the contest sponsor(s) would get a passport for them quickly. It'd be interesting to find out. ;)

I don't know for sure, but I would think that contest winners would either have an exception to a passport, or the contest sponsor(s) would get a passport for them quickly. It'd be interesting to find out. ;)

Yes! It would be so exciting to win! I can't even imagine how amazing that would be. :D
I bet you're right, Aravis. I'm sure Focus on the Family would try their best to work something out. So how long did your essay end up being? Did you have to cut much when the program to submit it gave you trouble? Mine was about 199 words or something like that. :) It was so hard to cut it down! It was around 249. I think it would have been easier to write 1000 rather than only 200.

My entry was only a couple of lines long (for my character description). I don't know how long my entire entry was though. I had problems with "line 3", and I don't know why that, no matter what I wrote, it still came up as an error. :mad:

Back on topic: 51 days! :D

I know!!! It's getting so close now!!!! :D In honor of Day 50, here is a VDT still:
1z1wxth.jpg

I'm totally psyched about this movie! I don't mind the differences I've already seen between the movie and the book. I think Walden has done a very good job on all the movies, and I don't believe they'll make a let-down of this one.

I'm just grateful that they're using the technology and graphics they have these days to make these great books, written so many years ago, into amazing movies, no matter how much the story may have changed and what-not.

I await the epicness eagerly.

WEEEEHEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'm so f-ing(excuse my language) excited for this movie! I don't care if it's different from the book. I find the movies to be better than the books anyways. :p *gets shot*

WEEEEHEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'm so f-ing(excuse my language) excited for this movie! I don't care if it's different from the book. I find the movies to be better than the books anyways. :p *gets shot*

Actually, I would shoot you for your language, censored or not.

Actually, I would shoot you for your language, censored or not.

Maybe not shoot, but definitely warn. "Censored" language isn't allowed on the forums, but because I don't want to be a tattletale, I won't alert the mods to that post....this time. If it happens again, I won't hesitate to.

Even though "freakin" is a dumb stand-in for the f word, it's a better term to use. Most people nowadays know what f-ing stands for, so you really aren't censoring anything. *I'm just making a point; not really repeating the word myself.* By the way, I don't like using the word "freakin" myself because it's basically like saying the f word, IMHO.

I agree. And of course I wouldn't actually shoot her for her language. I merely said that because of the context it was in; it wouldn't have occured to me otherwise. Taken out of context in your quote, my statement looked really bad. ;)

No it didn't...I probably would have said the same thing. :) But really "censored" language isn't all that censored because we know what the word is...and I don't think younger users should have to worry about that kind of language on the forums, censored or not.

Exactly. Language is just as offensive to me when it is implied. The purpose of a euphemism or censoring is just to say, 'I'll say this and get away with it, your mind will insert the word which my speech implied.'

Well I probably won't be going to the midnight showing after all...I checked my final exam schedule, and I have an algebra final scheduled for that Friday. :(

Back