Story of a Servant

Thanks SO much <TD> :( I really love her and hope she gets better soon.

I am working on the next chapter as we speak, though it could be some time before I put it up.

princey said:
Thanks SO much <TD> :( I really love her and hope she gets better soon.

I am working on the next chapter as we speak, though it could be some time before I put it up.
tkae your time. :D we are here to support you, and wait.

Thanks :D I'm about halfway through writing Chapter 8. I have no idea where this story is gonna go- I'm just kind of going with the flow.

Chapter 8!

CHAPTER 8

The sun had finally set, and the sky was now as dark as a raven’s back. A handful of stars had been scattered across the sky, looking like tiny pinpricks of light. Kari hardly noticed this as she cowered against the balcony.
A kind of plan was forming in her mind- if she could pull it off, she just might be able to save the High King.
“You can’t kill me,” she said frantically, trying to stall for time once more.
“I don’t see why not,” said the figure, letting out another spine-tingling laugh. “You have let me down badly- now I shall need to ask another pathetic servant to kill King Peter. Or then again, I may just do it myself.”
For a second the hand holding the dagger dropped. That second was enough for Kari. Scrambling to her feet, she pushed past the figure and tried to run to the door. His hand shot out, surprising her with his speed again, and she gasped as the jagged blade of the dagger sliced over her arm, leaving a gaping cut.
The figure let out an angry roar and lunged after her as she ran across the room. She slammed the door closed just in time- she heard a dull thud as the figure collided with it.
She quickly glanced around for anything to hold the door. She spotted a heavy-looking wooden table that ended in clawed feet and pushed it in front of the door.
It was only when she was running along the corridor to King Peter’s room when she realised the figure could probably disappear like he had done back at the river. Oh well- it was too late for that now.
She skidded to a stop a few metres away from King Peter’s room and cautiously looked around her in case there were guards anywhere. Surprisingly, there were none.
Wondering what she was actually going to do when she got in there, she slowly pushed the door. It swung open silently.
It was just like her dream- moonlight was faintly streaming in through the open window, and everything was unnaturally still.
Kari approached the four-poster bed and almost gasped out loud. The bed was empty.

(I thought I'd have a bit of a cliff hanger at the end. And sorry it's so short.)

wow! this is a pretty cool story, its amazing princey!

I'm sorry to hear about your sister :( I hope she gets better soon!

this is really great! I can't wait until you post more!

Thanks <TD>! And no problem, it wouldn't do to keep you guys waiting any longer than you already have. Now that I've started writing again, I can't stop! I'm way into Chapter 9.

princey said:
Thanks :D I hope I AM done in no time, you guys are like impatient pirahnas or something if I leave it too long.

I know I've had people threaten to start a mob and set it on me :eek: lol
Hmmm... maybe I should use that threat on you lol

But really its great! When will you post more?? :)

I know! I was gone for a day and I come back and I'm like, "ooo I hope the next chapter is up!" and i get on and I'm like, "Danngggggg foo'." (haha, lately i've been talking like that) I'm so excited for the next one!

Back