That Can't Be Lucy!

I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread, but I have to say how ashamed I am that people demand "Barbie" for everything. Why do all actresses need to be stunning, young, beautiful things? Aren't there average looking people who can have a good adventure as well?

NuggetBuster said:
I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread, but I have to say how ashamed I am that people demand "Barbie" for everything. Why do all actresses need to be stunning, young, beautiful things? Aren't there average looking people who can have a good adventure as well?

Amen and amen! :)

GrayCloak said:
You're right - we should fly down to New Zealand and...hey, wait a sec, this seems really familiar...oh yeah, I think I had this same conversation when FoTR was coming out - lol!

p.s. Nice sig Sojourner: 'Join the dark side...we have cookies' that needs to be a shirt! :D

I think we all had that conversation at least once with someone... Thank you if you want to know I got more.

Just to clarify my comments on the BBC kids:

Yes, I think the acting is terrible but for what it is (low budget, made-for-TV serial) I can tolerate it. I wouldn't forgive the acting if it was a made-for-cinema or HBO movie. And I do think the Edmund actor is whiney. Yes, he's supposed to be a snot at first, but even afterwards I thought he was a bit whiney too.

And NuggetBuster...THANK YOU!!! That comment is very true and I agree with it completely.

He seemed kind of girly as well, maybe that was just how people acted when the movie was made but I always thought it was a little strange.

NuggetBuster said:

Well, sure. But I'd sure rather have Judy Garland play Dorothy than...say...Ashanti ;) In other words, the right actress for the part. That was my original gripe. Although, after seeing the trailer, I must say the actress for Lucy has a real appeal that the still pictures didn't convey. Shame on that photographer! ;)

I must say that from the first pic. I wouldn't have thought she was the best for the part either! I agree; it's amazing how different she looks in the trailer.:D

the new lucy is the right age, the right height, and looks enough like the other kids to pass off as thier sister. i cant beleive you guys are complaining about this girl. im excited.

I dont like that picture on the profile page but I think in the trailor she looks fine. Who I'm worried about is Peter, I really didnt think Peter would look like that.

I like Peter -- I think that photo of him with his sword his fabulous. I think he will be a good Peter. He looks young and anxious, but determined.

I still don't like Peter. I have said it once before, but I do'nt think Peter looks like a leader. He needs to be more proud-looking, but not stuck-up. Its hard to explain...

It could just be the shots of the characters aren't very good. I think we will like the actors after we see the movie, because we will get to see them in action.

inkspot said:
I like Peter -- I think that photo of him with his sword his fabulous. I think he will be a good Peter. He looks young and anxious, but determined.
Hah -- I said it again! :p

Back