The Dark Knight Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce waited for Selina to come back. When she had not come back in a while he dialed her number. "Selina where are you?"

After waiting over two hours, Bruce got up and left the restraunt. He was thinking about the riddle.

RiddlE me this,
Riddle me that,
when the clock stikes twelve
Mr. Borret with splat."

"What day does the clock strike twelve, and is it reffering to noon or midnight. Who is mr, Borret?"He drove back to Wayne Manor. "Alfred!" he called. "We have a mystery to solve.

Alfred looked at it. "You know that you are better at this than me sir. But I will give it my best shot." After a few moments. "Could the capital letter be an initial sir?"

"Mabye, but I'm more worried about Mr. Borret. It says he'll splat, which obviously means he will die. But who is he. I checked all of the phone books, and there is not Mr. Borret in Gotham city. Either he doesnt exist or its another name or... an ANAGRAM!"

"He switched the order of a guy's name."
"B goes after o. One of the Rs goes before the o." He started writing on a paper. "The r and e get switched arround. Mr. Robbert! The mayor!"

"No I'm fine Alfred." Bruce said as he dialed the Mayor's telephone number.

"C'mon pick up."

"Mr. Wayne?" said a voice.

"Mayor Borret... I mean Robert, your life is in danger. I got a...!"

"A Riddle?"

"Yes how did you... Wait, are your not the mayor!"

The Riddler cackled into the phone. "So, figured it out already, have you?" he said, still snickering. "I am the Riddler," he introduced, smiling gleefully. "And, the mayor's time is running out..."

Selina was in jewelry store steeling a diamond necklace " Mmmmm what can I do with this?," she asked herself, climbing back up.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you doing this to the mayor? Why are you telling me! Where is the Robbert!?" Bruce asked in an angry tone. He heard no reply. "HEY!"

Bruce threw the phone against the wall and turned to Alfred. "He won't tell us. We need to call the police, tell them about this."

Bruce then called Gordan. "Commissioner Gordan, this is Bruce Wayne. I think the mayor is in danger."

The Riddler danced in his place as he hung up the phone, with the man still screaming at him on the other end. "He seemed to be quite upset," he said, looking out the window at the mayor, who was hanging from his ankles by a rope. The Riddler looked at the clock and saw that it was just about to strike 10. He grinned and ran to the window just as the clock began to toll. Just then, a part of the rope snapped, revealing that only two more pieces of rope held the mayor suspended. The other ends that had already been cut dangled along with the mayor near the top of city hall. "Two more strikes to go..." he cackled. "Then, you'll be turned to dough!"

It was 10:00 and Bruce was at his Party, guests had already arrived (all 300 of them). He had informed Gordan about the mayor, and he had hoped he could handle the situation. He probably should have gone to save the mayor, but he wanted to see Selina first. "Where is she?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back