Your Favourite Film.

Film: Pride and Prejudice
Director: Joe Wright
Year: 2005
Rating: PG
Stars: 5/5
Summary: A young woman, Elizabeth Bennet, tries to find love and marriage in a society where those two things don't always go together. She meets the seemingly proud and arrogant Mr. Darcy and tries to sort out her feelings for him.
Why I Like It: It's sweet! It's romantic! Mr. Darcy makes me swoon! :p It's everything you want in a romance movie, it's clean, and it has a happily ever after. Do I need to say any more?

I saw P&P not long after it came out on dvd. Mainly because of Keira Knightley. Mainly because I thought it'd be a good romance. I was pretty disappointed....funny thing is, my mom and i checked out like 3 movies that day and all of them were not good *P&P, Greatest Game Ever Played and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; boy we really struck out that time. Charlie was just a strange film:p* I guess P&P was too slow\boring for me. Some parts were funny...but yeah I didn't like it or the book. :eek:

ooh, maybe we should list our favorite films of different genres instead of just a favorite. ;)

Last edited:
I have quite a few (I'm kind of a movie junkie :p) but my most favorite, best movie of all time would have to be The Lion King. It has a great story, beautiful artwork, and the music was amazing. I get chills every time I listen to that score. Love it!

I also really like the movie Glory, which may be more unfamiliar to some of you (I only know about it because we watched it in my 9th grade history class), so I'll go a bit more in depth here:
Director: Edward Zwick

Year: 1989

Starring: Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes, Morgan Freeman

About: Based on the letters of Colonel Robert G. Shaw. Shaw was an officer in the Federal Army during the American Civil War who volunteered to lead the first company of black soldiers. Shaw was forced to deal with the prejudices of both the enemy (who had orders to kill commanding officers of blacks), and of his own fellow officers. (copied from IMDB, because I'm a bit lazy and would've taken much longer to explain it)

Why I Like It: The fact that it was based on a true event makes it all the more powerful of a story. It's just good. Very, very sad, but so good. And the music is so amazing; so powerful (I love James Horner; very emotional stuff). If you've never seen this movie, you must go check it out. Do it. It will be worth your time to do so. ;)

I have quite a few (I'm kind of a movie junkie :p) but my most favorite, best movie of all time would have to be The Lion King. It has a great story, beautiful artwork, and the music was amazing. I get chills every time I listen to that score. Love it!

I also really like the movie Glory, which may be more unfamiliar to some of you (I only know about it because we watched it in my 9th grade history class), so I'll go a bit more in depth here:
Director: Edward Zwick

Year: 1989

Starring: Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes, Morgan Freeman

About: Based on the letters of Colonel Robert G. Shaw. Shaw was an officer in the Federal Army during the American Civil War who volunteered to lead the first company of black soldiers. Shaw was forced to deal with the prejudices of both the enemy (who had orders to kill commanding officers of blacks), and of his own fellow officers. (copied from IMDB, because I'm a bit lazy and would've taken much longer to explain it)

Why I Like It: The fact that it was based on a true event makes it all the more powerful of a story. It's just good. Very, very sad, but so good. And the music is so amazing; so powerful (I love James Horner; very emotional stuff). If you've never seen this movie, you must go check it out. Do it. It will be worth your time to do so. ;)

yeah you're right; I haven't ever heard of it. But it's Civil War....I like CW stuff. :D

I have a few...

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
Bridge to Terabithia
Atonement
The Hamiltons
Hard Candy
Billy Elliot
Son of Rambow

I think there are more, but I can't remember them all right now :rolleyes:

I have more than one favorite movie:

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. 5 stars. :D

Prince Caspian. 4 stars.

The Fellowship of the Ring. 5 stars.

The Two Towers. 4 stars.

Return of the King. 5 stars. :D

Also I have movies I've like since I was a little kid that I don't feel like putting on. :eek::)

Edit: I thought of more movies (some of these I liked when I was younger.)

Pirates of the Caribbean. 4 stars.

The Aristocats. 4 1/2 stars.

Napoleon (this is not about the conqueror Napoleon). 4 stars.

All the Herbie movies. 4 1/2 stars.

These are all movies about animals below.

Two Brothers (about two Tiger cubs). 4 stars.

Second Hand Lions. 3 1/2 stars.

The Waterhorse. 4 stars.

Charlie the Lonesome Couger. 4 stars.

Duma (Duma means Cheetah). 4 stars.

Last edited:
I have too many to name, but I will give a few of my faves:

Favorite foreign film:

Pan's Labyrinth (2006) Rated[R
Language: Spanish
Director Guillermo del Toro
Starring: Ivana Baquero, Sergi Lopez, Maribel Verdu, Doug Jones
Rating: 10/10

Synopsis: A young giirl, Ofelia, is forced to move with her pregnant mother to the home of a sadistic Spanish General (Capitan Vidal) during the Spanish Civil War. It is there that she meets a faun who tells her that she is the lost princess of an underword kingdom. He gives her three tasks to perform that only the real princess could do.

Why I like it: The movie seamlessly melds the two worlds together, making one even wonder whether the fantastic world is even real. The real world is so fraught with horror and death that a fantasy world may be nice, but even the fantasy world is not all fun and games. Everything about the movie just worked, from the script to the acting to the music.

Angela (1995) Rated (at least PG-13 more than likely R)
Director: Rebecca Miller
Starring: Miranda Stuart Rhyne, Charlotte Eve Blythe, Anna Levine, John Ventimiglia
Rating: 9/10

Synopsis: Ten-year-old Angela is obsessed with spiritual cleansing including having her younger sister stand in a circle for times so that the sin can be cleansed from her soul. She sees Lucifer in many places, but when she curses her mentally unbalanced mother followed by her mother being hospitalized, Anglea is sure that she herself caused her mother to go to the hospital. From there, she is determined to become spiritually clean and her exploration and methods become more dangerous.

Why I like it: The treatment of childhood obsessions is seen not as simply a fad but as something that can be a more sinister aspect of their lives while still remaining a normal part of their lives. The acting and script were amazing!

MrBob

AK said:
I saw P&P not long after it came out on dvd. Mainly because of Keira Knightley. Mainly because I thought it'd be a good romance. I was pretty disappointed.
I liked that movie OK, but a much better P&P is the BBC version with, I want to say, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. It was a mini-series, so they had time to stick more closely to the story.

MrBob, you are a gloomy guy, so I can see what you liked Pan's Lanbrynth. I just found it to be horribly dark and depressing. :( I heard the same director did Hell Boy II and I would like to see that, for the creatures ...

I couldnt' read P&P either. I was surprised at the language in it. and I didn't like how it was written...it jumped too fast or something like that...I'm really not into films like Pride and Prejudice...or books for that matter. I think the only kind of film like that that I like would be Little Women with Elizabeth Taylor. The old 1940s version. :D

I couldnt' read P&P either. I was surprised at the language in it. and I didn't like how it was written...it jumped too fast or something like that...I'm really not into films like Pride and Prejudice...or books for that matter. I think the only kind of film like that that I like would be Little Women with Elizabeth Taylor. The old 1940s version. :D
Ah, well, if you don't like the book, I can see you might not like the film. The language is dated, of course. But the structure of the books, and the characters, awesome. I like all jane Austen's books.

Meanwhile, back at the favorite films thread ...

ooh, I couldn't narrow the list down... idk, the LotR entire trilogy was amazing, and I loved the first Pirates movie, just 'cause it was totally hiliarious. :D I also recently went to see Inkheart, and I think they did an incredible job with it. they stuck to the book really well, and got some great actors.

MrBob, you are a gloomy guy, so I can see what you liked Pan's Lanbrynth. I just found it to be horribly dark and depressing. :( I heard the same director did Hell Boy II and I would like to see that, for the creatures ...

hmmm... I heard somewhere that that director will be directing The Hobbit movies... yikes!

"MrBob, you are a gloomy guy, so I can see what you liked Pan's Lanbrynth. I just found it to be horribly dark and depressing."

inky, I am not gloomy. I just can appreciate great movies.

I will soon provice a couple more to counter the gloominess of the first two.

MrBob

OK, two more of my fave films. I have to say, however, that these are not the promised happy films.

My Girl (1991) Rated PG
Director: Howard Zeiff
Starring: Anna Chlumsky, Macaulay Culkin, Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis
Rating: 9/10

Synopsis: An eleven-year-old girl who is a hypochondriac and daughter of a mortician, has a summer of awakenings in 1972, and she will never be the same.

Why I like it: It just sorks for me. The script is fine, but the way it works on the screen with the actors is amazing.

Bridge to Terabithia (2007) Rated PG
Director: Gabor Csupo
Starring: AnnaSophia Robb, Josh Hutcherson, Bailee Madison, Robert Patrick
Rating: 8/10

Synopsis: Based on the same named book, an eleven-year-old boy Jess, befriend the new girl Leslie, who moved in next door. They create an imaginary kingdom in the woods behind their homes. It is this very friendship and imaginary place which helps Jess face the worst thing imaginable.

Why I like it: It was a fairly accurate to the book, which always makes me cry. The script was good (helped by the fact that the author's son cowrote the screenplay) and the acting was amazing. The CGI actually got in the way at the most emotional scene IMO, but other than that, it flowed smoothly.

MrBob

Bridge to Terabithia (2007) Rated PG
Director: Gabor Csupo
Starring: AnnaSophia Robb, Josh Hutcherson, Bailee Madison, Robert Patrick
Rating: 8/10

Synopsis: Based on the same named book, an eleven-year-old boy Jess, befriend the new girl Leslie, who moved in next door. They create an imaginary kingdom in the woods behind their homes. It is this very friendship and imaginary place which helps Jess face the worst thing imaginable.

Why I like it: It was a fairly accurate to the book, which always makes me cry. The script was good (helped by the fact that the author's son cowrote the screenplay) and the acting was amazing. The CGI actually got in the way at the most emotional scene IMO, but other than that, it flowed smoothly.MrBob

Bridge to Teribithia was sad... My parents and I were kinda disapointed. Course thats just my opionion.

MY fAvERET MOVE IS princes bride becase its funy action packed andit has good morol valeu wich is hard to find thes days you no;):cool:

Back