Your Favourite Film.

Two Parodies I love:

Spaceballs (1987) Rated-PG
Director: Mel Brooks
Starring: Bill Pullman, John Candy, Rick Moranis, Daphne Zuniga, Mel Brooks
My rating: 8/10

Synopsis: A parody of space movies, in particular Star Wars. Lone Star and Barf reluctantly help save Princess Vespa, a damanding Druish Princess from the evil Dark Helmet in the hopes of getting the large reward to pay off their debts to Pizza the Hut.

Why I like it: They really hit the nail on many aspects of the space genre of films. They just didn't take themelves seriously and played the inanity as normal. I loved the part where Yogurt showed the merchandise of Spaceballs, the Movie.

Seven's Eleven (2004) Rating unknown--probably G
Director: Amy Iorio
Starring: Jordan Garrett, Sierra Taylor, Trvis Phillipsen
My Rating: 10/10

Synopis: A short film (about 13 mintes) that is a parody of "Ocean's Eleven" about a group of fifth graders who decide to steal the candy from a local convenience store to supply their candy balckjack games.

Why I like it: It is the perfect film in script, acting, and length. Not having seen Ocean's Eleven, I can get from this short parody how they went about the heist while at the same time it is a stand-alone movie short. It is a literal children's heist film where the masterminds are too cute not to root for.

MrBob

ahhh no! the second one is SAD!!!!!! it made me:mad:
plus it was kinda lame knock off of the first one
you cant beat Mickey Rooney
and the 1st one had better music and prettier scenary

ahhh no! the second one is SAD!!!!!! it made me:mad:
plus it was kinda lame knock off of the first one
you cant beat Mickey Rooney
and the 1st one had better music and prettier scenary

Dido.

Both movies are good though. I balled my eyes in the second one. But I think first movies are always the best. ;)

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 version).

Hi Stormy, welcome to TDL! :)

I'll have to second Stormy's vote for this movie.

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

Director: Kevin Reynolds

Main Cast:

James Caviezel as Edmond Dontes

Guy Pearce as Fernand Mondego

Ploy Summary (from IMDB.com):
'The Count of Monte Cristo' is a remake of the Alexander Dumas tale by the same name. Dantes, a sailor who is falsely accused of treason by his best friend Fernand, who wants Dantes' girlfriend Mercedes for himself. Dantes is imprisoned on the island prison of Chateau d'If for 13 years, where he plots revenge against those who betrayed him. With the help of another prisoner, he escapes the island and proceeds to transform himself into the wealthy Count of Monte Cristo as part of his plan to exact revenge.

Why I like it:

The acting is superb in this film. Both actors play their characters extremely well and are supported by an equally excellent cast. The writing, the scenery, the music.. yeah I can go on but in all truth this is seriously one of the best movies I have seen.

Note: This movie is rated PG-13 for adventure violence and some sensuality.

Back