Your Favourite Film.

ahhh no! the second one is SAD!!!!!! it made me:mad:
plus it was kinda lame knock off of the first one
you cant beat Mickey Rooney
and the 1st one had better music and prettier scenary

Lame? I thought the desert race was much more exciting than the first one. If you want to talk about a lame knock off, see Young Black Stallion (it's supposed to be a prequel to Black Stallion and Black Stallion Returns, but I can't figure out how it all really connects). Mickey Rooney annoyed me in the first, not to mention the kid barely said a word in the first.

National Velvet is okay...it's not a favorite of mine, though I don't really know why. Black Beauty is okay too; kind of funny that Boromir was in the first part of it. :p

OK, two more of my fave films. I have to say, however, that these are not the promised happy films.

My Girl (1991) Rated PG
Dead Kid!
Bridge to Terabithia (2007) Rated PG
Dead Kid!

You just like movies where the kids die! Sophie's Choice must be big on your list!

(JK, I saw your post of comedies, too.)
I love horse movis :)
Did you ever see somethng like The Silver Brumbie? It was some kind of Australian horse movie, but the beginning was so lame, the kids just kept backing it up and watching this dumb girl break her favorite toy horse and laughing at her. My step-daughters were very mean as little children!
The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 version).
It was good, but my fave is still the made-for-tv mini-series in the 1980's with Richard Chamberlain as the count. It was luxe.
Slumdog Millionare,Every part of the film was Exciting and memorable,there are no parts,i'm big fan of the film now :)
I have to see that! My office told me to go -- we work with some ministries in India, and they said if we saw this we would understand better the needs of Indian children and people in general ...

OMG I like both Bridge to Terabithia,My Girl and Sophie's Choice :eek:
What is wrong with me :eek:

ROFL! :D
You are as gloomy as Mr. Bob! Read something without anybody dying why dontcha?

JK ... I know those are great films/books ... just not my cup of tea.

Never seen Sophie's Choice.

One of my favorite kinds of movie (and book) is the child coming-of-age story. I tend toward the girls' comng-of-age stories more than boys' stories.

MrBob

I really liked The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ... I'm sure some people hate it, but I thought it was a beautiful movie

OK, just thought of another great movie (and one that does not involve tragedy):

The Quiet Room (1996) Rated PG
Director: Rolf de Heer
Starring: Chloe Ferguson, Celine O'Leary, Paul Blackwell
My Rating: 7.5/10

Synopsis: A seven-year-old girl decides to go stop speaking to protest her parents' frequent arguing. Her thoughts are narrated throughout the film as a running commentary on what she thinks of everything around her.

Why I like it: This film gives a realistic feel of how fighting between parents can have a negative effect on children. Hearing the girl's thoughts as a narrative brings the audience intimately inside of her mind and lets them vicariously experience life from her perspective.

MrBob

Back