Enchanted

No problem NarnianPrincess, I enjoy recommend great movies to my friends. Infact although this isn't the aproprate place, I recommend a new movie called 27 Dresses. It's romantic, funny, and it puts marriage in a good light.
Really? :eek: That's pretty rare these days!! I'll keep it in mind, thanks. :)

Ps. You beat me to annoucing the release date for the movie. I can't wait until March 18th.
Oops! Sorry! Didn't mean to take the wind out of your sails there! I can't wait either! :cool:
You can already preorder it on walmart.com too!

Rofl!! Genius!

LoL hehe, thanks! :p

The sexual content in 27 Dresses is mild and it is mostly made up of enuendos. There is only one real sexual scene and you don't even see anything. It doesn't get to that point. Atonement on the other hand has some strong sexuality, I reccomend seeing it with parent or legal guardian.

Last edited:
keep in mind that 27 Dresses, encouraging marriage though it might, also has sexual content and language. It's rated PG-13 for I believe sexual content and language, both reasons to avoid it. http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0003600.cfm I will probably never see it due to the sexual content. I believe that ten s-words are one reason to avoid a film.

yeah,I definately won't be seeing it..anything with that many curse words is out,even if it had nothing else,imo.

I want to see Enchanted..but I'll probably have a long wait for it on DVD....:(

Really?Thats good news,I didn't know that.:D
*Looks forward to placing request from library*:p

The sexual content in 27 Dresses is mild and it is mostly made up of enuendos. There is only one real sexual scene and you don't even see anything. It doesn't get to that point. Atonement on the other hand has some strong sexuality, I reccomend seeing it with parent or legal guardian.

try not at all, even for someone over the age of 17. dont' get me wrong; I really like Keira Knightley, but if you're seeing a movie so saturated with sexual content, even innuendos, it's wrong, and there are young kids on the forum so I would never recommend an R rated film in public view of kids. although, I will never let my kids join forums...don't ask me why, they just won't.

For 27 Dresses I'll wait for the DVD so that I can have the option of fast forwarding then.
I probably am not going to see Atonement unless it comes on TV. I really don't want stuff like that running around in my head. SirG, do you recommend it at all? If so, why?
Enchanted comes out May 18th, so it's not too long of a wait. I can't wait. :D
Nope, wrong SirG! MARCH 18th! :p About a month and a half! Yayness! You can already pre-order it from wally-world. :D

Whoops that must have been a typo. Oh well :p

As for Atonment, I do reccomend seeing it, because it has a very intresting lesson. It teachs you how your presepctive may not be acurate and that acting on it could cause a chain of terrible consequences.

but is wading through sexually explicit scenes worth getting to the lesson it teaches? I don't think so. IF you have to wade through muck to get to the good stuff dont' do it at all.

Well if that bothers you too much, jsut wait until it comes out on DVD and skip it. That's what I do with other great movies that have similar scenes.

Or read the book, which is even better...(although missing the chance to see James McAvoy might be a crime in itself)

On enchanted though, such a fantastic movie. It was nice to see a traditional disney princess again. I know there's all these feminists hating on the disney princess mentality but I love it. And Pip is hilarious

Well if that bothers you too much, jsut wait until it comes out on DVD and skip it. That's what I do with other great movies that have similar scenes.

I won't do it at all because it's a raunchy, sexually explicit movie, not even worth getting on dvd to fast-forward through. What would someone say about my witness if they saw me getting it at the rental store? My witness would be damaged. I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to see Elizabeth: The Golden AGe again....I might, because there were some things that I was completely confused at and I want to see if I can catch the way they're connected; but I won't buy it on dvd. The reason why is because there's nudity in it.

I agree 100%,Petra..Enchantment's few problems bother me,hence the reason I'm giving such thought on whether or not to see it...
But as a Christian,I believe seeing something filled with immoral content,even if you fast-forward,does tempt you,and burn your conscience.

Besides,there are hundreds of good clean old and modern movies,so I figure why watch ones that aren't?:confused:

Whoops that must have been a typo. Oh well :p

As for Atonment, I do reccomend seeing it, because it has a very intresting lesson. It teachs you how your presepctive may not be acurate and that acting on it could cause a chain of terrible consequences.
Hmm, I see your point. I still dont' think that I'll see it off of television.
I agree 100%,Petra..Enchantment's few problems bother me,hence the reason I'm giving such thought on whether or not to see it...
What problems sf?
But as a Christian,I believe seeing something filled with immoral content,even if you fast-forward,does tempt you,and burn your conscience.
I agree with you there. And once something is in your eyes it goes straight to your head and then to your heart.

Besides,there are hundreds of good clean old and modern movies,so I figure why watch ones that aren't?:confused:
AMEN to that!!! :)
By the by, I love your new avvy!
"I need no longer call you Mr. Knightly, now you are my Mr. Knightly! :p Love Emma!

What problems sf?
I agree with you there. And once something is in your eyes it goes straight to your head and then to your heart.

AMEN to that!!! :)
By the by, I love your new avvy!
"I need no longer call you Mr. Knightly, now you are my Mr. Knightly! :p Love Emma!

Here
They're pretty minor,but still..........

Thanks!Found it on photobucket..I love the movie.:D

i agree with you guys, and speaking as a conservative girl, i dont think that you will mind enchanted. it is pretty innocent

Back