My Chemical Romance Fan Club

Lawl. That doesn't really happen to me. I used to get called an emoth (a cross between an emo and a goth, apparently) just because I said I listened to My Chem. But then I showed them all that I didn't care, and now they don't make fun of me any more and seem to respect that I don't care.

Lawl. That doesn't really happen to me. I used to get called an emoth (a cross between an emo and a goth, apparently) just because I said I listened to My Chem. But then I showed them all that I didn't care, and now they don't make fun of me any more and seem to respect that I don't care.

As terrible as that way of describing you was, it's totally an inventive name lol...I personally just get the emo thing. for example...senior superlatives, a good amount of people in my grade decided to add "most emo" to the list...luckily it was discounted, but technically I would have won hands down haha. It's just how people are to use connotations of words and be stupid to people who actually try to not be the accepted way.

I've been called emo before and it really makes me mad cause I used to actually cut myself but with these needles I kept in a little cushion. I don't see why people call McR emo cause they are actually trying to help people with those problems and it really worked for me. I was cutting really bad for awhile and I got my MCR cd and that combined with talking to my family about it and getting rid of my needles really helped me see that it isn't worth hurting yourself. Sometimes I joke and call myself emo but its different if other people say I'm emo. It really doesn't make you feel too great when you tell someone you listen to MCR and they go, "Oh, are you emo?" or, "Oh you're EMO!"
I don't mind being called goth though cause I like gothic clothing. I really like it. Plus my fave store, Hot Topic is really goth-based.

I don't really see MCR as "emo". I did back when I was stupid and decided that since my sister liked it I was gonna hate it and called it devil-worship I thought it was emo. But you know how that story goes. I ended up hearing more of their music and going, "Oh, this is actually really cool." and got my Black Parade cd which is just a burnt copy of my sister's one and it just went from there...Kat has never let me live it down to this day that first I hated MCR and now I like them more than she does..
Anyway, even Gerard Way says that he thinks that "emo" never fit MCR, even in the beginning. He said that he'd feel terrible if someone thought they had to do something like cut themselves to fit in at one of their shows. And if you need proof I can give it to you.

I've heard rumors that MCR is splitting up due to Mikey and Gerard's marriages!!!!!!!!!:eek: I know that they probably want to be able to settle down and live a normal life with their wives but honestly the last cd they came out with was the Black Parade in 2006!!! I miss hearing them on the radio, and not just retarded remixes of Teenagers on B-100. Honestly, that song was NOT meant to be remixed, but B-100 has to remix EVERYTHING!:rolleyes: What I'm trying to say is that I think MCR is too great to jut quit on us after the third album. I haven't even heard of any tours for them since the somehow opened for my one of my other fave bands, Bon Jovi. Something tells me that Bon Jovi is a wee bit less punk than MCR. XD
I don't want MCR to be forgotten. You have to make more than 3 albums to be remembered. I was surprised as heck to find a mini-poster of Gerard Way in a J-14 magazine. He wasn't mentioned in it except for in the back MCR was number 7 on the Hottest In Rock mUsic list, but Gerard Way was smack in the middle of the magazine. Sad thing is that some teenage girl would probably be at her house excited cause her magazine just arrived in the mail and be flippin' through it looking for Zac Efron and come to that poster and be like, "Who the heck is that?" and probably jump for joy that the Jonas Brothers had gotten to the top of the Hottest In Rock Music list instead of this band she's never heard of called My Chemical Romance....XD

Oy looks like I kinda got carried away about the last real news of MCR being Gerard's marriage....I always wondered though: Why do people spell his wife's name Lyn-Z when its proper spelling is Lindsey? Lol I knew there was a non-teenie/fangirlish reason I hated her other than she is skinny and pretty and everything I wish I was! Shes one of those Lindsey/Lindsays! All Lindseys or Lindsays I've known have been nothing but trouble! XD
Heya, hold your horses though, I'm just kidding, not being a jealous idiotic teenie! :D

.....I is a blabber-mouth. :p

ha :p
i used to get called the same friggin thing.... emoth.... emu.... emo..... gothic.... what ever crossed the short and dull minds of the preps i was called. :rolleyes: people accually thought that i was a wiccan or that i was going to 'curse' them or something.... twas funny for a time but it got old really fast.....

Le sigh. Ditto. Any news about rock bands in general then, anyone??

I was also wondering if any of you guys still actually come here for Narnia. Lol. Because I've never seen Eve in any other threads except this one, and I wonder if any of us have grown out of the Narnia thing. I certainly haven't.

Well I know what MCR where in an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen. I don't know if you have already said his but I saw the episode the other dayfor the first time...

I still come on here for the Narnia thing. But I admit I don't come on here as often as I used too...

I was called "emo" by this kid in my Spanish class because I was wearing black wrist warmers. My friend calls me emo because I wear black occasionally and I draw on my hands (lol). My seventh-grade bubbly buddies at church think that I'm depressed because I hang out with a girl who wears nothing but black and listens to metal. I USED TO CALL MYSELF EMO CAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

Then I realized that "emo" has become too wide a label. :rolleyes: I quit being emo because everyone else was doing it. Now, I'm just a normal girl who's emotional on the inside...

So ends my tragic tale!! :p

[sorry if I'm spamming...]

I USED TO CALL MYSELF EMO CAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

Cause it was 'cool'??!!! I didnt know you were that type of person, Lila-chan. xP

I quit being emo because everyone else was doing it.

lol. I remember when 3/4 of TDL were all calling themselves "emo" xPP

oh yeah sorry if this is spam too...:eek:

...I hated being called emo cause I did hurt myself....And it sucks that alot of people don't believe me when I say MCR saved my life. It really did help out alot when I was giving up cutting. It still saves my life all the time, just as much as Elton John. Lol it reminds me of EJ's, "Someone Saved My Life Tonight". :p

^Oh really? You are just like me...I mean I gave up cutting, also, a began to be more optimistic because of something like a band. but it wasnt a band. something else.

Lol. xP I thought people would think Im "weird" if I told them something like an anime helped me changed...:p

yes, glad to know Im not alone. x]

Wowzers o_o I've never ever seen the point in hurting yourself, so I'm usually unsympathetic towards people who cut themselves. My friend did it and I went ballistic & ended up giving her a lecture on why nothing and no-one should ever make you want to hurt yourself.

But sometimes I do understand why people do it. I just hate it when people do it because they think it's 'cool' and 'emo' =|

EDIT: And oh yes. Please refrain from going notoriously off-topic xD Keep the talk on MCR and rock bands please.

Sorry Princey. I am the Queen of Off Topic Posting. :p

My mom bought me an MCR hoodie at Hot Topic the other day!!!! I've been wearing it every day ever since! And I also finally bought MCR's debut album...I was kinda shocked at the lyrics at first but then I kicked myself for being a "softy" over it. ...Though I still wince over the overuse of the F word. That word always makes me feel slightly queasy. I may have wanted to puke because of some of the lyrics, I managed a slightly off-kilter laugh about the, "Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws and will result in Gerard coming to your house and sucking your blood" on the disk..I've come to the conclusion that they put that there just to see how many people would actually read that thing. :D

The F word has never bothered me, not when it's being said by Gerard anyway. And lolz, I never noticed that on the back of the CD cover. Mostly because I don't actually own the CD...I just have a ripped copy of it from my friend.

Back